Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: L1A1 build

Feedback Score

I changed plans somewhat and was able to aquire a New Old Stock L1A1 Barrrel. it has new flashing on the end anyone know how to remove this? and anything different I should be aware of installing a new barrel?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I did an L1A1 clone using a metric barrel on metric DCI receiver and replaced the gas block with an inch type. Re threaded the muzzle to RH for the flash hider and cut the groove to secure it just like the originals. The resulting firearm looks no different than if I had used an inch spec barrel unless you strip it down and look very close. This is an older picture from when flash hiders were considered "dangerous!" so it's a fake one installed. It's since been replaced with a proper item. Works like a champ. Many inch and metric parts are interchangeable and some of those that are not specifically can still be modified slightly to work.

" The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score

Default NEW 2 FALS question on barrels

so if I have a L1A1 kit and a FN FAL belguim barrel could I use the barrel with the kit or should I just plan to buy a new barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
    I did an L1A1 clone using a metric barrel on metric DCI receiver and replaced the gas block with an inch type. Re threaded the muzzle to RH for the flash hider and cut the groove to secure it just like the originals. The resulting firearm looks no different than if I had used an inch spec barrel unless you strip it down and look very close. This is an older picture from when flash hiders were considered "dangerous!" so it's a fake one installed. It's since been replaced with a proper item. Works like a champ. Many inch and metric parts are interchangeable and some of those that are not specifically can still be modified slightly to work.

Very beautiful!

Feedback Score

I wimped out just a little. my NOS L1A1 barrel tightened to about
    2:30 with the breeching washer installed.between getting that right & the right locking shoulder. I just sent it out to the Entreprise Gunsmiths to install & headspace for me plus I added their metric to inch receiver modification to the order.I can do the rest myself. pictures once I get everything back

Feedback Score

with all these U.S. parts I installed I should be well within compliance(and broke):
    1. gas piston ,2.trigger group,3. new wood handguard,pistol grip & stock, 4.DS Arms Modified to Inch Metric Receiver, 5. U.S. Phoenix Flash Hider, 6. U.S. Charging Handle, 7. 4 rebuilt magazines with U.S. floorplates, 8. and a new U.S. made set of Springs.

Feedback Score

Default Iron wood makes stocks

If you want some really nice furniture check out Ironwood. I emailed them on their prices and FAL ,L1A1..... are at or around $300.00 for a set. I know that's kinda high, but they use Black Walnut, Birch, Claro Walnut and if I can remember Curly Maple. Take a look at their photo gallery and you'll see what I mean.
    Ironwood Designs

I could picture one of my FAL,s with this furniture set and Duracoat matching paint job. (Coyote brown or Tiger Stripe brown)
    "Cry havoc and slip loose the dogs of war!"

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 27123 View Post
    with all these U.S. parts I installed I should be well within compliance(and broke):
    1. gas piston ,2.trigger group,3. new wood handguard,pistol grip & stock, 4.DS Arms Modified to Inch Metric Receiver, 5. U.S. Phoenix Flash Hider, 6. U.S. Charging Handle, 7. 4 rebuilt magazines with U.S. floorplates, 8. and a new U.S. made set of Springs.
    What does Enterprise charge for that work? With the current prices on FAL/L1A1 parts, this may be the way to go.

Feedback Score

$115 for the barrel assembly & headspacing add $100 if you want to do the metric to inch reciever conversion. I went that route because DS Arms & Entreprise won't be doing inch receivers for awhile. I found all the Compliance parts off the internet. actually I could have bought a completed FAL cheaper, but that's no fun and when I get done I think it will look much better than those. Dumb as I was. I paid almost $300 for that barrel by itself.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 27123 View Post
    Your 922 parts count is more than made. Of the parts listed, you need 7 non foreign. Personally, I won't do the mags, unless the count can't be made any other way. It locks the rifle to the same 922 mags. Forever.. So, for me. I use the US Receiver, cocking handle, piston, fire control (3), one other, say on a L1A1, with original wood, the flash, or keeping th flash, the pistol grip or butstock or forearm. It keeps it legal and costs down.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.