Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: L1A1 build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have been looking for parts out there to build up my L1A1's and thought I would share my findings with everyone that wants to put theirs together. You need 7 parts to do a build. With either a DSA or Enterprise Inch pattern receiver, you only need 6 more.....

Arizona Response Systems has 80% completed British style L1A1 5 slot flash hiders. They need the slots completed, the bayonet lug grooves cut, and the retaining ring groove cut and drilled. They run $50 for one and $90 for two plus $6.50 shipping. Contact him at: gunplumber@arizonaresponsesystems.com

Ergo Grips has L1A1 grips on closeout for those that have the old Brit plastic stocks.https://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4210&storeid=1&image=l1a1.gif&CFID=2 4772596&CFTOKEN=28068625 Make sure that you fit them with a fine file and don't pound on them because they will chip. Once they are fit, they look great.

Gunthings.com have US made Trigger, Hammer, and Sear sets for the Inch pattern rifles for $85.00. They also have US made gas pistons for $27.00.http://www.gunthings.com/

Ironwood Creations offers new made wood for L1A1's: http://ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zFALprod.html A little pricey, but look awesome.

Inter Ord has barrels by Green Mountain, but they are not listed on their web site. They have them for $189.99. These are the barrels that were offered with the kits early on and will need the gas block mounted and gas hole drilled.

I know that there are floor plates and followers out there, but I don't want to have to modify all of my mags and then worry about an occasional unmodified one getting mixed in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

This is the flash hider, and two photo's of my US made Walnut furniture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Riddbits; 08-18-2008 at 10:17 PM. Reason: double post edited more info added

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Looking Good! The only thing missing is a nice wooden carry handle to replace the plastic one, like this:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah, I need one of those. Any idea who has them available?

On a side note, Mr. Graham at ARS has lowered his price for the flash hiders to $35. He only has 30 left and as disgruntled as I am about him lowering the price one week after I sent funds for five, he is the only one that has them and he is running out. Act fast.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Buddy, I sure don't. It's been so long since I installed that, I can't remember where I got it. I'm sure any of the fellows on here making the wooden furniture could easily make you one or several? You'd have to have the wire (STG58?) from the handle to send to them.

Feedback Score

Check out this page. They opened a new store here in Lexington, KY.
    I picked up some Bocote to make some replacement grips for a derringer.
    They have "pen turning blanks" that could work for a handle. They've got some great wood and the prices are not bad ether.

Wood - Woodcraft.com
    "Cry havoc and slip loose the dogs of war!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Found one sitting on a table at the gun show in Reno, NV this last weekend. Ended up with 7 barrels all with gas blocks: 1 L1A1, 1 Metric, 3 carbines, 2 Izzy FALO's (chrome lined), 2 G series flash hiders, 1 early wood carry handle and 2 new in wrap Belgain HB carry handles all for under $1K. One heck of a haul off of one table.

Feedback Score

Default Reno gun show

Quote Originally Posted by Riddbits View Post
    Found one sitting on a table at the gun show in Reno, NV this last weekend. Ended up with 7 barrels all with gas blocks: 1 L1A1, 1 Metric, 3 carbines, 2 Izzy FALO's (chrome lined), 2 G series flash hiders, 1 early wood carry handle and 2 new in wrap Belgain HB carry handles all for under $1K. One heck of a haul off of one table.
    How much $$ did you pay all that for?
    "Cry havoc and slip loose the dogs of war!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Don't hate me because I am lucky.......right place, right time. I paid him just under $1000 for all of it. I also got a HK33 complete front end and a HK G3k barrel for an additional $250. I just about cleaned off the table.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think that the carbine barrels are cut down Stg58 barrels that have been refinished, but they have strong rifleing and look awesome. Both of the Izzy barrels are dated '67 and the L1A1 is Australian. I just need to get all of the parts such as sights, gas regulators and flash hiders.

I know it is bragging, but with that deal, I just had to tell everyone! I think I used up all of my find a deal luck on that one though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.