Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: L1A1 build

Feedback Score

Default I brag too

Quote Originally Posted by Riddbits View Post
    I think that the carbine barrels are cut down Stg58 barrels that have been refinished, but they have strong rifleing and look awesome. Both of the Izzy barrels are dated '67 and the L1A1 is Australian. I just need to get all of the parts such as sights, gas regulators and flash hiders.

I know it is bragging, but with that deal, I just had to tell everyone! I think I used up all of my find a deal luck on that one though.
    It's nice to hear about your "gold strike". When I run accross really good deals, I'm ether broke or my cash is ear marked for something else. I was set up at a gun show and went looking for some AR replacement parts. I saw a Ruger 10-22 for $90.(at a glance) I got busy and thought O SH!T, I went back to get the 10-22 and it was sold.
    "Cry havoc and slip loose the dogs of war!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think we have all been there.

On a more related note, I was working on my L1A1's last night trying to fit the US flash hiders to the barrels. I noticed in the schematic that there is a small washer (spacer) pictured that goes into the flash hider. Is this a crush washer? I have not yet taken the original flash hider off of the one barrel I have that came with it installed, nor have I been able to remove the barrel stubbs from the F1 flash hiders yet. Is this a necessary part for the installation of the flash hider, or can I just screw it on and mill the retaining groove for the washer and pin and hope that holds it? Anyone worked with L1A1 flash hiders before?

Feedback Score

are you talking about the timing washer in the flash hider there are different thicknesses available so that the bayonet lug is at 6:00 when tight ( the U.S. flash hider I put on mine didn't have a bayonet lug so you just screw it on

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yep, that's the one. I have subsequently found a source for them, but thanks for the reply.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have a late model Brit kit with plastic furniture that I will have assembled. I am having some problems locating a source for breeching washers. Would you know where I could locate same?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

GunPartsGuy should have both of the washers.

Feedback Score

Default L1A1 washers

Quote Originally Posted by ProGunOne View Post
    GunPartsGuy should have both of the washers.

If GunPartsGuy doesn't have them try DSA.com
    "Cry havoc and slip loose the dogs of war!"

Battle Rifle Restorer novalondon's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Hi, all... I am new to the forum and have been reading all I can on this site. Hope to learn much and share a little of what I know...

I.O. is out of Green Mountain barrels right now. Anybody know who has any inch barrels for sale? I have the shop and tools to finish the green mountain inch barrels if they are out there
    I am looking for 2 dozen, for Aussie inch builds. Yeah, I know, that is a lot of inches.LOL
    I am restoring them back to factory issue but of course using the 922r pieces to make them all legal here.
    I am also trying to find the U.S. made cocking handles and not having any luck. Any of those still available someplace.??
    Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

There was only one company that was making them that I have found. They no longer do so and I have not found another source. If you have the machine sources, make them. You have the original to pattern off of.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.