Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: L1A1 build

Feedback Score

Talking L1A1 build

Is anyone building an L1A1 from one of the kits available recently?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I plan on building one sometimes soon. I have 1 real nice GI barrels to go with this kit, only bad thing is it's a metric. Most all FN Fal or fun to build.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy t View Post
    I plan on building one sometimes soon. I have 1 real nice GI barrels to go with this kit, only bad thing is it's a metric. Most all FN Fal or fun to build.
    I've built several FALs and I have quite a few FAL parts that I'd like to use on my L1A1 build...just not sure what goes where if you know what I mean. It's my understanding that you can use the metric(FAL) barrel on the L1A1. You will need to use the metric gas system and possibly a breeching washer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Where did you get your receiver?
    The place I ordered from still has me on hold, they keep telling me that it will be at least next month before they can get it to me.

Feedback Score

I'm building on a L1A1 kit now. i was unable to obtain a inch pattern receiver. so I got a DS Arms Type 1 metric reciever & and a metric barrel I plan to send the receiver & barrel to Enterprise Arms for their metric to inch conversion work, modify the gas port on the barrel for the inch gas block & sight and also have them install the barrel & headspace. and finish the rest myself. The receiver, piston, trigger group,muzzle brake,charging handle, Ds Arms new Walnut Furniture Set, magazine floor plate will be my compliance parts with a gunkote finish when i'm done

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 27123 View Post
    I'm building on a L1A1 kit now. i was unable to obtain a inch pattern receiver. so I got a DS Arms Type 1 metric reciever & and a metric barrel I plan to send the receiver & barrel to Enterprise Arms for their metric to inch conversion work, modify the gas port on the barrel for the inch gas block & sight and also have them install the barrel & headspace. and finish the rest myself. The receiver, piston, trigger group,muzzle brake,charging handle, Ds Arms new Walnut Furniture Set, magazine floor plate will be my compliance parts with a gunkote finish when i'm done

Why not just use the metric barrel and get a metric gas system? The inch/metric conversion thing sounds expensive and except for looks isn't really gaining you anything. You could also just put the inch barrel on your gun and use a breaching washer.

Feedback Score

I like the looks of the inch gas system with the open ears, I also like the inch magazine better than the metric. i have both. it was no problem getting the gas sytem off the cut barrel and the gas port lines up with the metric barrel looks like a little bit of drill work for the port angle

Feedback Score

How do you remove the L1A1 flash sup.....same as FAL?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Not quite. There is a groove in the bbl, a washer secured by a crosspin holds the washer in the groove, locking it from turning. Drive out the pin, remove the washer, and unscrew the FH. IIRC the inch pattern rifles have a RH thread, but I haven't messed with one in 15 years so I may be wrong on that.

Gainesville, Ga Prototype Services's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Yes, the L1A1 is RH threads. You can use a metric barrel if you have the muzzle redone for the FH. Check, but I think the angled metric gasport will work fine with the L1A1 gasblock. Unless you need to drill it bigger.
    I have several L1A1 builds going at the moment. I was lucky enough to hoard a few kits back when they were plentiful. I use nothing but Entreprise L1A1 receivers too.
    At least on my Aussie builds.
    For my Brits I'm going to have to get creative....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.