Gunco Forums banner

Help with FAL build

4K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Nighthawk-1 
#1 ·
I just bought 4 barrels and 4 DCI receivers. I have tried every barrel on every receiver and each will tighten to about the 9-10 oclock postion. I am unable to get any of them to the 12 oclock postion.

If I back them each off I get a nice gap between the receiver and barrel face. Any ideas how I can get these mounted correctly??

There must be a solution. If I use a big washer then I have a large gap in my breech.

I need advise on this one.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Hey here is a site where a guys used an grinding pad put over and up to shoulder of the barrel
and spins it by hand to take off a little at a time until the barrel clocks to 11 oclock position
here is the link WECSOG.org - "Texas Jungle" Carbine Build

#7 ·
Not an uncommon problem.
Easy way to trim, if you don't have a lathe, but access to full size drill press. Take off the flash suppressor. Put the muzzle in the chuck and center it. Use a slow speed spindle on the pulley system. Using an abrasive disk from a grinding disk with the open spindle hole, grind of small amounts of the facing. Check fit often. If you take off too much, you will need a barrel index bushing. Check with James, the Gun Parts Guy. he usually has them. Gun Parts Guy - Military Surplus Gun Parts FN FAL L1A1
Good luck on the build!

#11 ·
Trim until it goes on hand tight to about 10:30 to 11 O'clock at most. That's my method with 15 builds so far. It will go the rest of the way to top dead center once you put the wrench on it. Go slow as 7.62x39 said. Metal removed can't be put back and you don't need to remove much if you're already at 9 O'clock.

I sandwich a piece of emory cloth between the barrel and the old receiver stub to remove metal from the barrel shoulder. The stub keeps the sand paper flat for even removal all around. Simply work the paper back and forth.

So who has DCI FAL receivers for sale now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.