Gunco Forums banner

Price check on a Century FAL

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Fritz 
#1 ·
Just acquired a FAL on a century arms receiver, built with an Austrian parts kit, just wondering what they were going for.

#6 ·
FALs are foreign territory to me. This is my first, and to tell you the truth, I haven't a clue what the widows peak feed ramp is that you are asking about. If you elaborate a bit though, I'll figure it out.

#8 ·
Fritz, I picked one up at a Cincinnati gun show last March ,A private sale at $550.Older CAI L1A1 inch parts on metric reciver in good condistion with ex bore,barrel was cut to 20 with no threads for flashhider. The venders had some for $700+

#9 ·
I just completed an FAL on a Century receiver a couple of weeks ago. It's the widow's peak receiver. It has no problems feeding FMJ ammo (it hangs on SP, though - bummer since I have a couple of thousand rounds of SP bullets hanging around). Operation is smooth. It went together quite nicely, except that the interior of the receiver didn't have enough clearance for the extractor to go over a case. A few minutes with a dremel, and it works fine.

The guy who supervised and loaned me his tools has built several on Century receivers, and said he has never had a problem. I'd heard of previous problems, but I found none.

#11 ·
The problem is not really with Century's latest receivers, They seem to be buildable with minor tweaking.
The reason folks tend to shy away from them is because of all the problems with their early receivers and their build quality in general.

We've all heard horror stories concerning the quality of their rifles.
Since this one appears to be one of their later generations, as long as it wasn't actually built by them, it could be a perfectly functioning rifle. But just having Century engraved on it will lower it's value compared to the same rifle built on a Imbel, DSA etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.