Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My FALs

Feedback Score

Default My FALs

Thought I'd share some pics of my FALs.

First is an M444. Got it from Dan's Ammo several years ago. Yes, thats truck bed liner on the furniture.

Next is my first and only build. Its a Tapco G1 kit on a Coonan Type 1 recvr. Metal finish is original except for the lower which is touched up with cold blue and the hand guards which are replacements from DSA. I was trying for a more "used" look instead of a brand new gun. I like the Garand, AK, AR, and SVT but if I had to keep only one battle rifle it would be the FAL.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Wow MCQ1, really nice;
    I just finished a rough assembly of a STG58 with a entreprise receiver. I'm waiting for my locking lug .260" and my compliance parts from gunpartsguy. I plan on bluing it after stripping and refurbishment. I hope it turns out at nice as yours. I've built many AK's, a couple of AR's and many 1911 customs but so far just this one FAL! When I want a toy to play with and fondle (remember I said toy), I do think the FAL is going to be the winner.
    Again, Nice Job.
    Bill
    Bill from Spartanburg

Be like an old dog!!!! If you can't eat it or screw it, just piss on it and walk away!!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Nice, I picked up an older CAI L1A1 Sporter with the metric reciver and shortend barrel for $550. Not as nice as yours.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

Thanks gents. I forgot the top cover on the G1 is a new replacement too. The one that came with the kit was banged up pretty bad.

For those that aren't familiar, the M444 was made by Israel Arms Inc., Liberty Tx. from Imbel parts on a PAC Imbel Gear Logo receiver. It also has the infamous US compliance "recoil enhancer" muzzle brake.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Very nice, very nice indeed.

As "railbuggy" stated, I also picked up an CIA Metric FAL. Haven't had any problems with it as neither did the former owner (he's a member here).

The darn thing shoots quite well, with the proper ammunition but I would like to add wood funiture, your looks great with wood.

It would be nice to somehow find a nice DSA/IMBEL model but the cost is prohibitive for me.

Good luck with them and have fun shooting both.
    "It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

WOLVERINES! One of GUNCO's First Hundred!

Feedback Score

There's a lot of good Century guns out there. I got into FALs when everything was still relatively cheap. The M444 was around $650 I think and the G1 I've got maybe $450-500 in not counting build tools which I made some of them myself. I've shot both of them quite a bit. The G1 shoots really good. No problem banging 12 inch plates at 200yds. if I do my part. I've got one more decent Imbel kit stashed away. I'd like to build on a DSA receiver but, as you say, the price is definitely a factor. What really keeps these guns in the cases more than anything is the price of friggin' 7.62 NATO ammo these days. I've got a couple cans of Aussie surplus set back...the rest is about gone.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

I tried using milsurp ammo in mine and wasn't pleased with the way it shot.

I then decided to try some of my P-Dog rifle ammo (.308 Win) in it and now it's a whole different story. I haven't had a chance to load specificly for the FAL but from how the P-Dog ammo shoots I think I can shrink it's groups a little bit.

Oh, just to add...the scope that I used for the FAL has something loose in it. I don't know what it is but when you shake the scope you hear a rattle. I did purchase a new scope but haven't had time to shoot for zero.
    "It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

WOLVERINES! One of GUNCO's First Hundred!

Feedback Score

Excellent shooting! I'd take that any time. I'd have no qualms shooting .308 Win. ammo in mine as both pass SAAMI .308 specs. and the G1 is set at .002 over GO...just never tried it as I've always shot surplus. I really need to get more range time in. Thats pretty good inspiration.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Very nice FAL's. I recently had my first FAL built and I love it. I really like the G1. I have a very nice all matching numbers G1 kit I've been debating if I should sell the kit or build it up. I don't know if I'll be able to get a receiver before the expected ban if the Dem's win.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Toten Kopf View Post
    I tried using milsurp ammo in mine and wasn't pleased with the way it shot.

I then decided to try some of my P-Dog rifle ammo (.308 Win) in it and now it's a whole different story. I haven't had a chance to load specificly for the FAL but from how the P-Dog ammo shoots I think I can shrink it's groups a little bit.

Oh, just to add...the scope that I used for the FAL has something loose in it. I don't know what it is but when you shake the scope you hear a rattle. I did purchase a new scope but haven't had time to shoot for zero.
    Nice group!
    What was the set up on your gas setting?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.