Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Source for 80% Recivers And Tools?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Default Source for 80% Recivers And Tools?

Anyone have a good Source?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Are you wanting AK recivers or something else?
    If you want AKs, do you want flats or bent blanks?

For tools try Harbor Freight, for cheap tools.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I take it you are indicating FAL 80% receivers?
    I'd also like to locate a possible source, but as of yet not seen
    any trace.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Theres a 80% receiver on gunbroker along with another auction for a blueprint.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

80% FALs are a tough one to finish into a reliable receiver. Many have tried, some have succeeded. Most are now paper weights.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default 80% FAL

well

I put ad out on every single gun website and got 4 replys. this was last year, I bought three of the four and sold one. this left me with two, they are both 70% as there are no true 80%. these are difficult for the beginner or even a proficient builder. with time, patience,skill and desire it can be done.
    a milling machine helps though I did one without one. beside drills and files you need taps and plans i used the plans floating around and photocopied them to scale and used them as templates. the taps come from companies that sell through grainger. I cut the rails with a dremel. I bought the headspace gauges from brownells. the barrel vise I got from falfiles and the wrench is a flat jaw plumbers wrench.
    I saw one receiver on sturm the other day its over $100.00 I paid $ 35-40 for mine
    my build info is here with pic's I am a little surprised I didn't get a PM on this as all the others who have attempt this have contacted me. there are two others who have done this build but they used a milling machine

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Sprat,
    Why did you have to re-register? Send me a PM and I will try to fix whatever problem you had, if you want to return to just sprat.

Feedback Score

Sprat1,
    Did you happen to find a source for any 0% FAL forgings/castings?

I have milling machine and have a few firearms milling projects queued up (ar15 lower, upper, free float tube, 1911 frame and slide, and M14 receiver) I was hoping I could locate some FAL receiver castings before any sort of restrictions come into place during obama's administration. I have found G3 upper receiver flats that just get pressed into shape, but the rest of the rifle is fairly expensive to put together (~$450 for a FMP kit). So if you could point me in the direction of FAL castings/forgings or a cheaper G3 kit, I'd much apreciate it. Thanks.

If anyone needs sources for those castings I'm working on:
    DS arms for ar15 lower and upper
    sarco for M14, 1911

Feedback Score

The ATF has already banned the Century FAL castings as being "too complete". I don't know why but it might be that they have a magwell and barrel hole. No trigger/hammer pin holes are required as they are in the lower. I remember when Canada used to consider the FAL lower the firearm but now also the upper. All of the fire control parts are in the lower. If the upper didn't hold the magazine I bet the lower would have been the firearm in the US like the AR15. A functional firearm could be made as blow back and no locking shoulder and the top cover isn't required. That means it might be able to fire a round by adding a couple of bolt rail grooves or even less. Anyway the ATF shutdown the FAL castings.

Feedback Score

If there's nothing complete on it, just the outline of it, then it should be perfectly legal. I don't need any mag wells pre-cut etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.