Gunco Forums banner

Need some help please on a build

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  dustoff_doc 
#1 ·
I just got a Fal L1A1 from a friend of mine. He purchased it from Sportsmansguide sometime last year.

My question is what barrel and receiver do I get for it so I can put it together.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Doc

#2 ·
L1A1

From what I have seen on the sportsmans guide they are selling Austrailian L1A1 inch pattern kits with a destroyed barrel. You, my friend will need to purchase an inch type receiver, DSA makes them and Entreprise is about to release their version of the inch pattern receiver. The barrel can be purchased from Sarco. They have both inch and metric barrels. The barrel thread is often the same size and pitch on metric and inch barrels. 1"-16 is typical. Many of the inch and metric parts are interchangeable such as the gas tube, gas piston, bolt and bolt carrier. You will want to either purchase or make a barrel vise and receiver wrench for assembly. You will also want to read up on proper head spacing before attempting to fire the assembled weapon. Hope this helps...

#6 ·
Gun Pumber in Az. used to have some very good info on the subject. Some of it free and some detailed info costing. Well worth the cost though. Mine turned out fine following his instructions, Good luck on the build. Xfrog

#9 ·
Sarco told me they had no inch barrels?? DSA is also out of inch receivers and Jeff told me they are not making any more in the near future, you can find them on Falfiles and Gunbroker but they go for a fair bit. Entreprise is probably your best bet.
Actually your best bet is to sell your kit on Gunbroker and buy a metric kit, way more stuff available and better (sorta) prices

#10 ·
Johnny - Thanks for the info. I am going to put the kit on GB and see if it sells.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.