Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Gun ban question

  1. #1
    Gunco Member alexinorting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    46
    Feedback Score
    0

    Unhappy Gun ban question

    I just picked up my SA48 FAL today from the shop and it got me to thinken this is a registered firearm what will happen when this gun ban goes into place,what loops will I have to jump through ect..(hypotheticaly if it did pass)
    -ALex

  2. #2
    Gunco Member SLIMJIM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Nobody can answer that, since nobody knows what the new ban will consist of!

  3. #3
    Gunco Veteran Markp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somalia
    Posts
    1,840
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexinorting View Post
    I just picked up my SA48 FAL today from the shop and it got me to thinken this is a registered firearm what will happen when this gun ban goes into place,what loops will I have to jump through ect..(hypotheticaly if it did pass)
    -ALex
    Well lets say the worst happens and they pass a bill like Komifornia. You will have to register your "assault" weapon with the powers that be and they will gain the right to come inspect that assault weapon any time they like. Basically you will be giving up your 4th amendment rights. You won't be able to sell or transfer your assault weapon to anyone, and you will have to renew your permit every few years or give up your weapon.

    You would not be allowed to take your "assault" weapon with you as if it were any other long gun, you would now have to be going to or from a legal activity or it would have to be properly stored in your home.

    That's probably the worst case and that's pretty close to how you roll in CA. A great many people in CA did not register their "assault" weapons, those that did, well they got a raw deal.


    Mark

  4. #4
    Gunco Rookie Cobrafreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    This is bullshit. We will not let this happen this time! We have a stronger NRA than in 94, more members, a Democratic Congress that remembers how they lost the house-the 94 ban. We have the internet to get the latest news for and against guns. We have the Heller SCOTUS decision on our side. We have not lost yet. Join the NRA-Cobrafreak

  5. #5
    Gunco Member dustoff_doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    69
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

    Default

    I hope this kind of stuff doesn't happen. We need to kick the LIBS out and put some Conservative's back in Office!
    I have and will continue to stand ready to engage and destroy the enemy (Islamic terrorists) on their own turf so my children can be free and unafraid.

    Be very afraid - Socialism is upon us..... Big government sucks!

  6. #6
    Gunco Member campperykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    238
    Feedback Score
    0

    Postak

    I'm not worried , the Brady Bunch has their hands full.

    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

    Another reason to write your Congress folks.
    Free DC--let the good guys have guns.
    There's no AWB bill in Congress , at all. It's not 1993 anymore.

    We are winning.

  7. #7
    Gunco Rookie night_raven40404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markp View Post
    Well lets say the worst happens and they pass a bill like Komifornia. You will have to register your "assault" weapon with the powers that be and they will gain the right to come inspect that assault weapon any time they like. Basically you will be giving up your 4th amendment rights. You won't be able to sell or transfer your assault weapon to anyone, and you will have to renew your permit every few years or give up your weapon.

    You would not be allowed to take your "assault" weapon with you as if it were any other long gun, you would now have to be going to or from a legal activity or it would have to be properly stored in your home.

    That's probably the worst case and that's pretty close to how you roll in CA. A great many people in CA did not register their "assault" weapons, those that did, well they got a raw deal.


    Mark

    Hey, R U in Cali? Your post helped me alot cuz I live in KY but family's in Cali and have been wanting to move nearer to them. But of course, I will absolutely not give up my PTR-91 or my AKM, I've got the folding, colapsible, cheekrest adj. ATI stock and it is the most comfortable I've ever used (fixed or folder) on an AK. You mentioned many didn't register their rifles, can they still find places to shoot them? do you have to have a friend in a rural area to shoot, or just be discreet at the range? I know the FAL/M1A people can mag-lock a 10-rd clip on while at the range, but since G3s dont have a dust-cover, it'd be quite hard to load that way.

    Any Cali help would be nice.

  8. #8
    Gunco Veteran Markp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somalia
    Posts
    1,840
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by night_raven40404 View Post
    Hey, R U in Cali? Your post helped me alot cuz I live in KY but family's in Cali and have been wanting to move nearer to them. But of course, I will absolutely not give up my PTR-91 or my AKM, I've got the folding, colapsible, cheekrest adj. ATI stock and it is the most comfortable I've ever used (fixed or folder) on an AK. You mentioned many didn't register their rifles, can they still find places to shoot them? do you have to have a friend in a rural area to shoot, or just be discreet at the range? I know the FAL/M1A people can mag-lock a 10-rd clip on while at the range, but since G3s dont have a dust-cover, it'd be quite hard to load that way.

    Any Cali help would be nice.
    I used to live there, and I knew a bunch of people who at the time when this all went down who stated that it would be a cold day in hell before they fell for the registration crap that would be the precursor to a great California gun grab. While that hasn't happened yet, the rules continue to become more and more restrictive.

    I was living in the high desert, there were plenty of places in the desert that you could shoot and never see a cop. The fact is that if you move there, you will likely not be allowed to bring your "assault weapons" with you. That's the law. I would not encourage you to break it... Move to Nevada or Arizona where you can still keep your guns and your money. California is just not worth it.

    Fact is that if you are caught with an illegal weapon in California, expect to lose it and expend many thousands of dollars defending yourself. You would be $$$$ ahead not moving there and risking it. If I, as a military service member, am required to move there, I will be placing my weapons in storage in my home state of Texas. I know that family is important, but until the climate changes, I say let them move to a free state.

    Mark

  9. #9
    Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    2,604
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markp View Post
    I used to live there, and I knew a bunch of people who at the time when this all went down who stated that it would be a cold day in hell before they fell for the registration crap that would be the precursor to a great California gun grab. While that hasn't happened yet, the rules continue to become more and more restrictive.

    I was living in the high desert, there were plenty of places in the desert that you could shoot and never see a cop. The fact is that if you move there, you will likely not be allowed to bring your "assault weapons" with you. That's the law. I would not encourage you to break it... Move to Nevada or Arizona where you can still keep your guns and your money. California is just not worth it.

    Fact is that if you are caught with an illegal weapon in California, expect to lose it and expend many thousands of dollars defending yourself. You would be $$$$ ahead not moving there and risking it. If I, as a military service member, am required to move there, I will be placing my weapons in storage in my home state of Texas. I know that family is important, but until the climate changes, I say let them move to a free state.

    Mark
    Hi Mark,

    If I am not mistaken, there is a clause that allows "out of state" military service members (Active Duty) who are being re-assigned to the PRK to bring thier "banned" weapons with them.

    For anyone who wants to or has to move into the PRK, join Calguns.net. They are the most up to date on the laws and are of course gun-owner oriented. Gunco is great, but calguns is tops for getting the best info on PRK gunlaw.

    In short, there are two "Assault Weapons" standards:

    1. Roberti Roos, which is a list of banned weapons by make and model.
    2. SB23 which bans by combination of "Evil Features".

    Possesion of either is at the very least, a misdemeanor and can classify as a felony depending on a number of factors. Each weapon can constitute several violations, and since each violation is gun-related, can run you afoul of the infamous "Three-Strikes" law. Life in prison. HAve a nice day, and ask for lots of vaseline for your birthday.

    I do not know if the cumulative "Three-Stikes" has ever been employed, but it is possible.

    Calguns has an "Assault Weapons" flowchart that pretty clearly allows you to decide if your firearm is banned. This is something that ALL of you should look at, three simple changes or "improvements" to the law would make ANY semi-automatic centerfire rifle illegal. If you want to know how the rest of the lefty libs will go after your guns, the PRK is their blueprint.

    Last thing: The PRK has more conservatives than libs. Simple fact. The rest are illegal aliens. The libs have so effectively gerrymandered the election districts that they have a lock on almost any election. Beware of the Census!!!!!! If O-Bummer get's his way and is able to affect the Census, it will be game over. Just a question of how fast.

    Sorry, got side-tracked.

    Peace, Love and Superior Firepower
    Imagine whirled peas

    Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower






    Bellson

  10. #10
    Gunco Veteran Markp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somalia
    Posts
    1,840
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    Hi Mark,

    If I am not mistaken, there is a clause that allows "out of state" military service members (Active Duty) who are being re-assigned to the PRK to bring thier "banned" weapons with them.
    Yes, I believe that there is, but I really would rather leave my "assault weapons" out of California. They'd invariably cause more trouble than it would be worth to bring them there for a 3 year tour.

    Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •