Gunco Forums banner

Thinking about buying a FAL

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  johnny 
#1 ·
Hello all. I need some help. I have been looking around at FALs lately, and am about to jump on board.I just have a few questions. I have a budget not exceeding $2500, but would like to be as cheap as possible, so I can afford some optics.
First let me explain what I want.
I want:
Flat Top with picatinny rail
Furniture with rails
SAW or similar grip
18" Barrel length minimum
Accuracy not exceeding groupings of 3in at 100 yards.

I also am wondering if:
there are threaded barrels (for sound suppression)
iron night sights

Any and all input is appreciated.

#3 ·
Hello there neighbor.
I have been looking at the DS Arms site for quite some time now. I just hope this forum was going to be more active, so I could get the general opinion. It seems to get a reliable AND accurate FAL, with picatinny foregrip and flat top is gonna be more than my budget allows.

#5 ·
Hey Louisville, too bad you don't live in CA because the local range is selling their DSA 18" Para for $1900.00, I have the same rifle that I bought locally before I saw this one for $2400.00 . DSA's are "the" best because they are fully machined from forged billet and then fully heat treated. Very time consuming and expensive to make a DSA upper receiver, but it is the strongest freaking upper on planet FAL. Their quality rivals original FN's. BTW, I used to live in Louisville for 6 years. Miss the place-cobrafreak

#6 ·
Flat Top with picatinny rail
Furniture with rails
SAW or similar grip
18" Barrel length minimum
Accuracy not exceeding groupings of 3in at 100 yards.

I also am wondering if:
there are threaded barrels (for sound suppression)
iron night sights
All of that is doable, some are pretty standard, like the threaded barrel. With the SAW grip, the standard metric pistol grip is pretty good in my opinion, I'm even putting one on my little carbine project...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.