Thread: FAL -- Trying to do this Inexpensively

Feedback Score

Postak FAL -- Trying to do this Inexpensively

I've always wanted an FAL -- they seemed to always be nearly $2,000 (i.e. DS Arms).

I would be keeping the rifle in PA. It would be a metric pattern with the long birdcage flash suppressor and a Pickatinny top for a scope. Standard stock, all else standard -- though I'd have a gunsmith accurize it a bit if possible.

How much should I budget for this rifle? Should I just throw my hands up and expect to pay $2,000, or are people getting them cheaper than that?

Thanks much.

Feedback Score

Sarco kit with new Argy barrel $259, Coonan receiver $299, compliance parts $99?, gunsmith park and assemble (Salbo) $350, misc parts $99 (I like 9). Maybe $1200? + accurizing ($?)

Used pre-assembled for less.

-Scott

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Look on gunbroker. Here's a new dsa for $1200 with a warranty. DSA FAL Rifle...$1,200.00 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Feedback Score

Awesome!!!! $1,200 is a lot more reasonable than $2,000 -- even if you have to wait. I've wanted one for 20 years -- a few more months won't make a difference and is well worth saving $800 -- heck that $800 could get me a Mauser and a 10/22 and probably still leave me with change.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

DSA has their STG58 Austrian 21" FAL for $1150. I bought one a little over a year ago and I am very impressed with the rifle. It is my first FAL, what a smooth piece of machinery.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

You might check SOG, I believe that they had some surplus Inch and Metric FAL's under $1000. New ones will run a lot more.

Mark

Feedback Score

Moleman,

I know it's over two months later, but I'm writing here to thank you. I bought that $1200 DSA FAL, as well as a Mauser M-48. I'm keeping them in PA. I have the Mauser now, the FAL will take a while, but that was a great deal! Both the dealer and my FFL in PA were wonderful and this would not have happened without you and this board.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I was wondering if you bought it, I'm glad it worked out for you. The only regret I have on my fal is selling it This is a great site and one of the reasons is the people here are happy to help others and not just piss in each others cheerios just to start a flame war like on other sites. Enjoy the new rifles and hope to see you around here more.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.