Gunco Forums banner

What FAL do I had ?

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  gunnysmith 
#1 ·
find this kit at gun room, which FAL parts kit is this one ?

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like a poor old excuse for a fal kit, You don't want to build on something so old and beat bluejack, you should sell it to me for $20

:rofl:

It looks like a imbel to me. It will make a nice build!

#8 ·
Gunco is correct bluejack.

Those weapons are no good. Junk, do do. Very difficult to build. Bad shooters, heavy, ugly, just yuk.
I will go $25 shipped and insured. :)

#11 ·
I will bet money that it is S. African:

1. Long Buttstock
2. No Bipod cut on the barrel
3. Looks like 2 gas ports on the brake, Imbel had 3
4. Gas Plug
5. The condition....Imbel FAL's are generally not that worn finish wise.

#12 ·
it is SA. look for ZA or RA with serial number, ( not all of them are marked this was, some didn't have any ZA or RA on them)) on the right side of the lower receiver. many were imported (some illegally) imbel made rifles, the kits make a good rifle. most were carried alot, but shot very little. they looked like crap on the outside. many were a mix-master of parts from all over the world and many were rebuilt from spare parts. i have found that the RA were usually 3 color ( 3 shades of green) paint or no paint, and the ZA had four colors (three shades of green and a tan/brown) of paint. some had a "rack" number on the stock , (many numbers were red, brown, green,)they used what ever paint they had (automotive paint?) and it was applied with fingers, rags, brush, etc. so what ever you like will work.
most SA rifles didn't have a carry handle. most of my SA have 3 holes in the gas ports. i will have to dig out some of the others and look at them.
i have several. i have one that came with a bi-pod ( i cannot find the one with the bi-pod), but here is a few pictures of a few of them. they have all been good shooters so far ( i haven't shot all of them yet). fal's are my favorite rifle.

ron

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.