Thread: Need a favor

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Talking Need a favor

Could someone send me some pics of thier FAL?
    I have a Century FAL, I bought it before I knew better.

What I need are pics of the receiver, with bolt assy. removed. I need to see straight down in the mag well from above, with mag in and mag out.
    I am having a feeding issue with a Century metric FAL , (NOT A UNIBROW, BUT STILL A CENTURY). I think I have narrowed the problem down, but I want to be sure.
    I am going to have to work on the bullet ramp some, and possibly the lower rails, depending on what I see in the pics.
    It seems to hang up when feeding from the right side of the mag and this only happens when the gun is cold. If I hand chamber about 6-7 rounds it will work fine then on out
    Thanks
    Brian

jdb
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score

Hi just wanted to see if you got this fixed. I also own a Century built L1A1 that has the widows peek.

I was told by the owner it dosnt like hunting type ammo like the soft nose stuff. Thats ok with me as I will buy the FMJ stuff to shoot.

Did you try all the gas settings or was it just a feeding issue?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWV View Post
    Could someone send me some pics of thier FAL?
    I have a Century FAL, I bought it before I knew better.

What I need are pics of the receiver, with bolt assy. removed. I need to see straight down in the mag well from above, with mag in and mag out.
    I am having a feeding issue with a Century metric FAL , (NOT A UNIBROW, BUT STILL A CENTURY). I think I have narrowed the problem down, but I want to be sure.
    I am going to have to work on the bullet ramp some, and possibly the lower rails, depending on what I see in the pics.
    It seems to hang up when feeding from the right side of the mag and this only happens when the gun is cold. If I hand chamber about 6-7 rounds it will work fine then on out
    Thanks
    Brian
    have you tried other mags? some of the century rifles will use the inch or fal mags, but some mags work better than others.

the springs may be weak in the mag.

sometimes the ramp needs to be poilshed a little (not ground, do not ust a grinder on the ramps).

sometimes it is the ammo, try different ammo.

i have century and non-century fla's and some L1A1's. a few of them are mag finiky or ammo challenged.

just keep working different things. i have bought some century fal's real cheap, because people don't try different things. most of the time it was the mags or the ammo.
    ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vietnam vet 67-68

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.