Gunco Forums banner

DSA FAL Picatinny Scope Mount (620A) Return to Zero...

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  devitor 
#1 ·
I have a FAL ordered and should receive it sometime this month and have some questions regarding the 620A Scope Mount.

This mount replaces the normal top cover, yes?

I'm thinking of making this FAL a multi-purpose rifle. So, my idea was to buy two of these mounts -- red dot on one -- scope on the other. If I want to shoot short range -- put the top cover with the red dot on. Long distance? Pull the entire mount and sight off and slap on the scoped one.

Question is...will the respective optics return to zero when this assembly is pulled and reinstalled?

I was figuring this is viable, because I would think you have to remove the mount/top cover to clean the rifle anyway.

Is the idea of multiple topcover/mounts for multiple optics a good one, or am I asking for problems doing this?

#2 ·
good question as i to have 1 ordered thru dsa and have also wanted to know will it stayed zeroed if i choose to change it out with another????

i've read on fal files that it will stayed zeroed when changed out but you really won't know till u do it yourself.

but the replies i read was that they had no problem changing from 1 to another.

#3 ·
I think it would be easier to just get a quick detach type mount for your optics vs loosening 10 screws, removing the rail, installing a new rail, and tightening 10 screws. The rail is numbered, so you shouldn't have a problem getting your scope back in the same position.... and if you have a decent quick detach mount for your red dot and/or scope it should hold zero.

#4 ·
SA58 and Diablo,

Thank you. A little bit after I posted, I called DSA and they told me the same thing. You change the optics with QD Rings/mounts -- the top cover mount is more of a permanent installation.

I'm going to be recovering the SWFA 20x scope off my Mauser M-48. I used an Accumount cantilever set with that and the scope is too high. So, I'll use Warne QD rings on the scope -- I'm using Warne's permanent rings now. I'll throw a Vector StrikForce Red Dot on the underlying scout mount on the Mauser...just don't want to spend the money drilling, tapping fooling with safeties on that rifle -- It's money I can put into the FAL instead.

The sight I'll be swapping back and forth with will be an EOTech 552 with QD mount....so if I want do short-distance work with the FAL -- the EOTech. Long -- the SWFA scope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.