Thread: Have built AR15s now Wanting to build a FAL.

Feedback Score

Default Have built AR15s now Wanting to build a FAL.

Ok all you FAL builders out there. I have been wanting to build one of these for years. But, I have never built up enough gusto to go for it however I am ready to build one now. I need advice! Where should I buy parts? What tools do I need to do this... etc! Anything anyone could help me with would be Awesome!!!

Thanks much,
    Dave

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Kit's are kind of tough to find nowadays, and are a little on the expensive side. But, you can find deals out there. Honestly, a better resource for FAL info is the FALfiles... you might be able to get a kit for a decent price off the classifieds there as well.

Building an FAL is not much harder than putting together an AR. Once you have the barrel installed/timed and the head space set... the rest is assembly, just like an AR. If you fish around here/there you might be able to find a fellow enthusiast who's local who's tools you can utilize. Otherwise you'll need head space guages and some kind of barrel wrench minimum. I believe it's 7 compliance parts needed ?? Lot's of U.S. parts available out there. DSA, gunthings.com, FSE are a few vendors.
    ...I'm not tense! Just terribly, terribly alert.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Building a FAL is as easy as falling off a rock.
    Where are you located?
    American By Birth, Southern By the Grace Of God

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

you can get a pattern for a rec wrench at gunthings.com
    American By Birth, Southern By the Grace Of God

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I built two and found the process simple. They are however, expensive to build compared to AR15s and AKs. My only advice is to add up the complete cost to build, tools, kit, U.S. parts, receiver etc. prior to buying anything. That way you know what the total cost will be.

Feedback Score

SA58, Thanks for all the info. I am definitely going to look at the sites you recommended.

Icarus, I am located in NC.

mg555, thanks for the advice and I will for sure do that. That's what I have done with all my AR builds over the past 10 years. It is quite astounding to see how much the cost of everything dealing with guns, has gone up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I made the switch from AR-15 to FAL about 6mo ago.... I still have an AR but will grab the FAL if SHTF!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.