Thread: rear sight wobble

Feedback Score

Default rear sight wobble

Anyone have a nice trick the make the rear sight tight. Mine can be moved a decent bit by hand. Ive heard of shimming with paper, but I actually want the rifle more usable than that.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I had thought of removing the slide and closing the gap some by squeezing it in a vise. But it seemed to shoot just fine and if I remember correctly you have to remove the little retainer pin also and I figured I'd ruin it if I took it out.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

moleman -- I've done one that way. Easy way to get the sight out is with a c clamp.

There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R View Post
    moleman -- I've done one that way. Easy way to get the sight out is with a c clamp.

Thats slick Winn, for an AK sight I usually put a leather glove on (I'm a sissy) and push the sight down and slightly back until it pops out. I think he was talking about the rear sight on his FAL though.

Feedback Score

Everyone just deal with it, or put a scope on? I want to scope it anyway, but Id like to have this sight good to.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mine shot about as good as I can shoot open sights and the wobble didn't seem to effect it. I think the little bit of tension from the adjustment button makes the sight stay in one spot even though it can easily be wiggled around. Shoot it and see how it does. Try shimming it and if it shoots better then try squeezing the slide part of the rear sight to remove the play.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

oops -- someday I'll remember to look at the forum name!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.