Gunco Forums banner

FAL PARA scope mount

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jimmy t 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if I can use a DSA Extended Para scope mount without anyother para parts???

I plan to slowly buy the parts to make mine a Para, and want to use the Para scope mount with my std fixed stock rifle...

THanks

#4 ·
Thanks for the help!!!

I ended up gettin a NEW DSA Non-extended Non-Para mount for $40 off of gunbroker!!!

I have pics in my thread FAL 2.0

Im waiting for my Aimpoint to come in, then I will post a few more pics. So far the mount seem great, a little added weight, but well worth it.

For now, I decided against going to a Para stock setup. I would rather spend my hard earned $$$ in other gun related items and not sink $400 into a folding stock...

#6 ·
What stock would you guys recomend??? I Now have a Green "USA MADE" stock im not sure where it came from it has no name or marks other then where it was made. I have the stock pistol grip and handguard that came on the rifle and I HATE them!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a SA rifle made by FN with a SouthAfrican style textured black stock. I liked everything about that stock except for the length!

I want the same stock only shorter! Anyone know what make/model of stock Im looking for? Would be called a Plain FN black stock??

here's a pic befor I sold it:

I would love to have the same stock as pictured above, only 2.5" shorter from lower receiver to end of the buttpad.

#7 ·
I don't know of anybody off hand that makes a shortened hump-back stock. There's the Magpul Precision rifle stock that has an adjustable comb and length of pull... but I couldn't tell you if the LOP starts out shorter than a standard fixed stock. Even if it was, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be 2.5" shorter. That's pretty darn short for a FAL... you'd pretty much have to go PARA to try to get that due to the recoil spring/tube in the fixed stock FAL. Why so short, body armor requirements?

The pistol grip is an easy change, they make a SAW grip that doesn't look half bad. The angle is of course less extreme which makes it easier to manipulate the safety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.