Gunco Forums banner

L1A1 Need Help

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  munchoman 
#1 ·
Hi all I just put the new US made stock and pistol grip on the gun and now the trigger will not work.

I cant get it to dry fire when I pull the trigger. I did cut the spring (two rungs) as it would fit in it was way to tight. The trigger is still springy.

Did I put the trigger bar back in right?

I did line it up with the groves and put right back in. Im lost now and not sure what I did wrong and if its just something simple and Im over looking it.

The change over has fought me all the way but looks good just dosnt dry fire now.

Thanks everyone for the help.

#2 ·
Ok took it apart today and I have it all in right. I decided I would just pull the trigger and see what happens nothing.

I then put two fingers on the trigger and pulled as hard as I could and it slammed. So what does that mean?

It works both with it on the upper and off of the upper. I just have to pull the trigger with two fingers and pull really hard.

I dont know if when I cut two rungs off the spring I messed up there or if I didnt cut enough off and its binding up in there.

Im lost never ran into this problem before with any of my other guns.

So tell me what you guys think Thanks.

#5 ·
Hi all I just put the new US made stock and pistol grip on the gun and now the trigger will not work.

I cant get it to dry fire when I pull the trigger. I did cut the spring (two rungs) as it would fit in it was way to tight. The trigger is still springy.

Did I put the trigger bar back in right?

I did line it up with the groves and put right back in. Im lost now and not sure what I did wrong and if its just something simple and Im over looking it.

The change over has fought me all the way but looks good just dosnt dry fire now.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Check your pin,it may already be cut
I bought a thumbhole rifle,that had the pin cut,and replaced it with the org. one
I dont think the short pin I had, would slide though the pin hole properly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.