Thread: Fal Question

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Fal Question

Took a couple of FALs that I built out today for testing, once the gas valve was set correctly everything runs fine.
    The problem Im having is that when the spent case is ejected it is hitting the top receiver just behind the ejection port, leaving a mark on the receiver, any advise on how to solve this is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

that is common place with any FAL I have shot. I think you can find an ejection buffer for the FAL but you could also try turning down your gas a little.

Feedback Score

This is very common with FAL's. Regardless of your gas adjustment you will get "brass kisses". It is normal for the FAL. If it bothers you though, my advice is to adjust the gas so that you are cycling reliably, then take a small piece of black velcro tape (the fuzzy side) and stick it to the affected area. It's effective, easy to remove, and solves your issue.

You can "tune" your ejector to send the brass out at a different angle. It works, but I don't like filing away metal from a critical area that gets wear as it is.

Davesrb

Feedback Score

+1 what Davesrb said, the velcro or even electrical tape is a good solution, and common, someone told me years ago, i dont like the brass dinging my receiver either

Feedback Score

You can "tune" your ejector to send the brass out at a different angle. It works, but I don't like filing away metal from a critical area that gets wear as it is.

Davesrb[/quote]

If anyone is interested in this approach here is some info. on the subject. Randy(ggiilliiee) has another article about this also that could be found by googling ggiilliiee ejector fix.

How to Fix FAL Rifle Brass Strikes

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

This is a normal occurance with the FAL.

I've know about the "filing/cutting" the ejector for a long time but...
    Since my FAL has a one piece ejector, I've decided not to play around with this method.

I have used the Velcro method with mixed results, I'm in the process of trying an RTV/Semi-Liquid sealant at the ejection area but I haven't had a chance to try it out as of late.

See post...http://www.gunco.net/forums/f263/my-...0-yards-66604/
    "It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

WOLVERINES! One of GUNCO's First Hundred!

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Yup, normal....

This bugged me too. On one FAL, I made a deflector like what you see on an AR from a bit of aluminum scrap using a dremel, then riveted it using an old nail to the dust cover....Worked, very effective, and even kept the brass from getting too screwed up. Looked like shit though. Oh well.

Black tape is my go to now. Just a two inch long strip that I put on before the first shot, and take off when I clean.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I wish I'd seen this before I sold my FAL, mine did the same. Seems to be an easy fix, I'll try to remember this for the next one I get, and there WILL be anouther in my future someday soon.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    I wish I'd seen this before I sold my FAL, mine did the same. Seems to be an easy fix, I'll try to remember this for the next one I get, and there WILL be anouther in my future someday soon.
    Add it to the list...

I have a Century L1A1 and a Century R1 that I am ready to part with. Both have undertimed barrels....

My answer (if I keep em) will be to send them to DSA and get their nice Mid-Profile barrel installed.

Just sayin....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I wondered if you still had them, the FAL's. bellson. Seriuosly,,,,,,,,IF I GET JUST 1 MORE GUN,,,,,, I'll need anouther safe, for real. I've got the racks and shelves out of the ones I got now (3 ) and a there stacked alternating one butt up one butt down now just so I can milk every inch of room out of them as it is!!! And can still JUST barley get them closed,Good Lord!!!! If I get anouther safe, then it will just end up taunting me, saying "FILL ME UP, FILL ME UP"!!!! And we ALL know what happens then!! Kinda like empty brass in the reloading room!! A slap in the face!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.