Thread: Fal Question

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Fal Question

Took a couple of FALs that I built out today for testing, once the gas valve was set correctly everything runs fine.
    The problem Im having is that when the spent case is ejected it is hitting the top receiver just behind the ejection port, leaving a mark on the receiver, any advise on how to solve this is appreciated.

Feedback Score

FNFAL RIFLE EJECTOR ANGLE / ELIMINATING RECIEVER BRASS STRIKES

He can't spell, but he sure knows the rifles.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

great site... 486

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Brass kisses are normal. You can do the mod to the rifle if you wish to keep this from happining. I just take some copper desolver on a brush and they come right off...

Feedback Score

I like how they look on the rifle a lot, but can't deal with the brass damage, as I reload even "throwaway" berdan brass...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by [486] View Post
    I like how they look on the rifle a lot, but can't deal with the brass damage, as I reload even "throwaway" berdan brass...

How do you reload your berdan brass... do you convert it or use berdan primers?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by patjsimpson View Post
    How do you reload your berdan brass... do you convert it or use berdan primers?
    I found hydraulic depriming to be too messy, now I just throw the cases in the vise [clamp them on the web and they just get little dents that don't hurt nuthin'] drill the primers with a 3/32" bit and pry the primers out with a deck screw. The threads work as a hook, and they're already nicely heat treated.
    "Gluing" them in with loctite does leave them a bit looser on depriming, but they don't fall out on ejection, and they don't leak ANY gasses, even factory ammo seems to leak gasses out of the primer pockets.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that you have to squish the old primer anvils with an RCBS primer pocket swadger before seating the new primers. I've loaded the same cases plenty of times now [probably 4], none have cracked, and depriming them is easy as the primers usually come out while running the drill bit into them.
    I don't drill another centralized flash hole [if you do you'll put too much pressure on your primers and they'll pop], and since posting that I've loaded the cases more and a couple's necks cracked on the 5th loading.

ETA: and when using the primer pocket swadger you have to use the "small" anvil or you'll enlarge the already slightly oversized primer pockets.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.