Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CAI FAL what do you guys think

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it is difficult to not buy a FAL!

i am in the same boat with the CETME. normally i would build it but kits are expensive and barrels are extra cost thanks to our idiot government cutting the barrels up. it looks to be less expensive to buy or trade for a century build and sort it out as you go these days.

i figure the odds of the FAL being "good" are pretty good. you may have to do some problem sorting to get it to run proper. and worst case-- i think J&G is pretty good about returns. i would call them and get their return policies before hand just in case they do send a turkey.

that is a good price on a FAL!

Feedback Score

I own a Century arms and I am impressed. Their aks are junk but the FAL's are ok. I think its hit and miss if you get a good one or not.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by cetme1223 View Post
    I own a Century arms and I am impressed. Their aks are junk but the FAL's are ok. I think its hit and miss if you get a good one or not.
    Depends on the AK and who the subcontracter was that built it for CIA.
    I've had 2 good Yugos, one required a very minor tweak that CIA handled promptly.
    One WASR of mine needed an OOTB repair that was not CIAs fault but rather a Romainian worker.
    My 1st C93 was built on a Monday after a drunken weekend and CIA replaced it outright for another. The 2nd C93 was fine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I bought a used WASR10 that I put 120rds thru with no problems.The FAL L1A1 I bought in 2008($525) I have never fired yet.Maybe this spring now that my stepson lives closer.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've had 2 CIA Fal's and no issues, both inch pattern. Had scopes on both and crows were no biggie at 500. Mine were good.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Does it matter whether you get inch or metric?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I lived with a C1A1 for quite awhile and if I remember correctly the differences were minor with the exception of part interchangeability. The metric prints were converted to inch as close as possible . The inch pattern does allow for the charging handle to be folded and that is nice. The C1A1 could have the trigger guard swung up so you could keep your mitts on in cold weather.Magazines do not interchange. You probably can't go wrong with either version although I'm partial to the Canadian one. Can't own one but still like them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have both a Century R1A1 and a DSA 58 FAL.

(CAI top and DSA 58 bottom)

Oddly enough the Century outshoots the DSA 58.

Go figure.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

i have never owned a century built FAL( L1A1) until last friday.
    that said, about 1/2 the FAL'S i own are built on century receivers. they all run great.
    i have some built on Coonan, Springfield, Imbel receivers. it is getting late to be building Fal's/L1A1 so, i would be buying a couple of already built FAL's if i didn't own some.
    IMHO
    ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vietnam vet 67-68

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

One big difference is that the inch pattern mags are,,or at least used to be 1/3 the price of metric ones. I don't know if that still holds true or not ? Shit I bought some like new one's from Century when I got the FAL and with the volume discount I was getting them for 3.99 ea buying 10 at a time,I'm sure there not that now though! The FAL at that time I paid 429 for delivered.

Only damn bad thing about a FAL is AMMO,,,there just so damn fun to shoot and shoot so good!!!! Ya just can't stop!! Sadly when I was broke and waiting for a disability determination,,for years,, I had to sell it to keep a roof over my head,,,DRAT!!!! Oh Well, we've all been there,,,,

Kiss half of the brass bye bye too if you reload, FAL'S beat up cases pretty good, but I'm sure you already know that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.