Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NFG with a can of worms question

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Davesrb View Post
    Go to the FalFiles and search on Century Fals. There are whole threads on what can (or usually is) wrong with them and how to fix them. Headspacing issues and barrel timing issues are the usual complaints as I recall.

Also, check out the Marketplace, you can get some great deals on FAL's right now.

BTW, I LIKE FAL's...

Davesrb
    That is freakin awesome dude!!!!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    That is freakin awesome dude!!!!
    Thanks! I've been building and buying for a few years. I have 3 more to build, then I'm out of kits.

But it's ok, I've got 10 AK kits lined up to get started on next!!

Davesrb

Feedback Score

DSA STG-58. Best place to get a good FAL for a reasonable price... They may not be 100% new US manufacture or 100% authentic Steyr Austrian STG kits, but they're beautiful nonetheless. With the DSA scope mount top cover and a good pipe, it should make a very reliable and fun larger game hunting rifle, or even just a damn nice range queen... Can get a metric tonne of accessories and neat parts through DSA, and even a few other places; watch FAL Files' marketplace. FNFAL.com / The FAL Files

Mine came with black plastic handguards, which stay cooler than the steel handguards native to the STG. Also a sand-cut (inch pattern) bolt carrier, no numbers on bolt or carrier, numbered lower, new 21" US barrel, bipod, etc.

So it's a great first-step... If you order it through AIM, which still has a handful atm, iirc... they're 100 dollars off!!

DS Arms STG58 FAL .308 cal Rifle

DSA's are pretty.

- CK
    Ask questions first; Distance? Windage? Elevation?
    ------------
    ""...when you capture spoils from the enemy, they must be used as rewards, so that all your men may have a keen desire to fight, each on his own account""

- Sun Tzu
    ------------
    "A petty thief is put in jail. A great brigand becomes a ruler of a State."
    - Zhuang Zi

Feedback Score

IMHO DSA is overpriced...I got a Century L1A1 FAL and it runs like a champ !!

I had a bent recoil spring tube and Century sent me out a new one within a few days.

I know people say Century is hit or miss but for the price they are definitly worth it IMO anyway.

I think a big thing is where you buy it from...Classic Arms is my main "go to" online spot for buying firearms, at the time they didn't have any (they do now) so I went with CenterFireSystems because they are my second "go to" spot. I got my FAL for IIRC $700 even AND free shipping lol

I asked them about 20 questions over the phone about the FAL's they had in stock and and asked them to pick me one out and go over it with me...he might not of wanted to LOL but he did no problem and was cool about me asking all the questions.

They were also willing to take it back for a full refund or replace it when I called about the bent recoil spring tube, I nicely declined because even with the bent tube it shot very accurate and ran perfect.

Just my $.02 but I think a Century FAL is right there with DSA and Enterprise IMHO

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

please refrain from writing any thing positive/good about CAI rifles, if enough people read it it will drive the prices up on them. i have been able in the past and now to buy ( CHEAP) some really "bad" rifles because they had CAI on the side of them.

thanks
    ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vietnam vet 67-68

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.