Thread: Informative Reading Material????

Feedback Score

Default Informative Reading Material????

O.K., I'm "IN"! I have my FAL paid for and on the way. Now, I would certainly appreciate a little help. What books, litterature, manuals, etc. will give me a start on the basic information concerning FAL's? There is so much information that seems to just roll off the lips of you experienced builders/shooters and I really do want to become pary of the conversation. I don't expect to get all of my answers from a couple of posts here, I just want some suggestions on what publications are worth the money to buy and read.

Thanks,

Jim

Feedback Score

Some ware on the web there is a manule (pdf) from FN. If I can find it on my hardrive. Ill post it.next look over at the falfiles. Muttman

Feedback Score

R Blake Stevens THE FAL RIFLE by Collectors Grade Publications is the FAL bible, but expensive.While I hate to refer you to another weapons site, check out the FalFiles.com. The Reference and Data section can answer just about any question you might have with pictures.
    Anything specific you need to know right away, just ask...

Davesrb

Feedback Score

I don't really need a definitive technical treatsie on the rifle. I would just like to know what people are talking about when they refer to an Argy kit, yeah I know it's a parts kit from an Argentine rifle, but what are the differences between it and an STG kit? It's things like that I'm interested in learning.

Feedback Score

I know that THE FAL RIFLE is a huge book, but that is where we usually get you the info you are asking for. Well, that and the Fal Files now.

You want Argentine FAL info? Page 238-243 covers it. Selected in 1955, by '64 it was standard issue to border and Federal police, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines, and Air Force.

Argentine Production (they are licensed manufacturers since 1958) included the fixed stock (50-00) the folding stock para (50-61 and 50-63 short barrel) and the FN 50-41 squad automatic 'FAP'

Now the great thing about the Fal Files Reference and Data section, is there you can find out what receivers were used (type I and later type III), that the barrel is chrome lined, and TONS of other stuff. If you are serious about learning about the differences in FAL variants, R&D is a must!
    While none of mine are completely Argentine,(though the bottom left Para is mostly Argie parts) you can see just about every major variant in my collection. There are tons of minor variations, after all 90 countries adopted the FAL. If you look at the top right, there are 2 G1's and 2 Stg58's. You can see that the major visible difference is the STG wire cutting muzzle device vs the G1's twist off flash suppressor or the early Browning long muzzle device. STG's are known as the most accurate of the FAL kits to build on, both because of their hammer forged barrels, and the fact that the kits imported were virtually new.

Davesrb

Feedback Score

Here is what I have found so far, but I have only just begun looking.
    FN FAL manual
    To me this was helpful. To you old hands it will probably only get a yawn and click good-bye.

Feedback Score

FN FAL complete guide by Imbel of Brazil. 30.52 MB download

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thank You allesennogwat
    this looks to be a great reference source

Quote Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
    FN FAL complete guide by Imbel of Brazil. 30.52 MB download

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.