Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Want to buy my first and last FAL: What to buy? Enterprise, DSA or CAI? Help please?

Feedback Score

Question Want to buy my first and last FAL: What to buy? Enterprise, DSA or CAI? Help please?

US Navy Petty Officer here wanting to buy a FAL. Very familiar with AK and AR systems but very little knowledge on the FAL platform.
    Looking for a rifle that will not let me down. I'm a heavy shooter and this rifle WILL HAVE ROUNDS through it... Please give me your opinions.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Oliveira "Ollie" William
    USS Enterprise - CVN-65

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

DSA.

I have no experience with Entreprise. CAI are cheapest and you get what you pay for in that regard.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Built my G1 Parra on a type one Enterprize receiver. Hot, cold, dirty, it runs great.
    But the DSA Fal is top of the line also.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Howdy Chief.

DSA is tops. Definitely the choice if you want a heavy profile barrel.

Enterprise is second. I have used their parts extensively.

CAI is what it is. I own two of them and have never had an issue. My buddy got his at the same time and had parts break....Luck of the draw???

I should say that I have futzed with both CAI FALs a bit. So might not be accurate to describe as having no problems.

Like any other purchase, you get what you pay for. DSA is the BEST thing going for FAL rifles.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

It should be added that an FAL built on an Imbel receiver is good too.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
    It should be added that an FAL built on an Imbel receiver is good too.
    Like this one? FAL Imbel Rifle-D S Arms
    What is the deal with the IMBEL receiver?
    Last edited by billedani; 09-03-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Added a link to product
    Petty Officer 2nd Class Oliveira "Ollie" William - USN
    USS Enterprise CVN-65

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

IMBEL is a licensed producer of the FAL rifle, they have the benefit of the original FN factory blueprints, tooling package, etc. Very good receivers, banned from import to build new rifles on so they are hard to find and pricey. The DSA rifle is built on a DSA receiver, using a parts kit that used to be a used IMBEL produced rifle before it was cut up. Most of the other DSA rifles are made from new old stock STEYR produced parts and new DSA produced parts.

DSA bought the blueprints and tooling and spare parts from Steyr in Austria (another FN licensee) but are not licensees. Most of their early rifles were made from NOS STEYR parts and as their stocks got depleted they gradually started making the parts here. Nowdays most of the parts in them are DSA made.

Entreprise and CAI reverse engineered their receivers, AFAIK they have no factory blueprints or anything to work from. Consequently they have "issues" when building on them. Entreprise is the better of the two, CAI has such a bad rep that resale value is lower. These guns are all made from parts kits put on their receivers with enough USA made parts to be comlpiant.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i would go with the DSA if it needs to run right out of the box.

Feedback Score

DSA or Imbel or Enterprise in that order. With an Imbel you need 1 more US made part (need 7 total for 922R compliance). Metric instead of inch (more mags are available). Even if you shoot alot I think a standard barrel is best all around.If you want a carbine 18" is the shortest I would go.
    Keep an eye on Fal files or gunbroker. Stay away from the century crap. Unless its an imbel reciever and you can test it out otherwise buyer beware.

Illinois(peoples republic of) near St. Louis
    Feedback Score

dsa is top shelf! I have an STG58 on a DSA upper. you cant go wrong! I have been wanting an heavy barrel ( FALO) too..been eyeballing one with a Springfield receiver..but its 2K. Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.