Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Help...Eating Humble Pie....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My experience has been the opposite but may be the exception. I have a Century that works, shot a little low and to the left but I use a Trilux SUIT scope now and it works fairly well. I a DSA with a few problems such as occasionally fully chambering subsequent rounds (probably need time and use to break in?). Oddly enough, I have a couple Century CETMEs that never failed (yet). That said, I tend to shoot the PSLs and RPKs more these days (more consistent and cheaper ammo). Don't get me wrong, I like the FALs and I have had enough lemons from Century over the years (especially their M76s). I just am wary of any FAL assembler these days and would look for a Belgian pre-ban myself.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

i don't have any century built fal's, but i do have several fal's built with century receivers. if you build them "right" i have found the century receivers are as good ( sometimes much better) as the other receivers out there. i have some imbel, springfield, coonan built fal's and they do ok also. for the most part, if they are built correctly they will shoot good. i have on order some inch entreprise receivers for future builds.
    IMHO.

ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vietnam vet 67-68

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My Century was purchased many years ago and had the Imbel reciever, no issues, but I did put a scope on it shortly after getting it and only used the iron sights for function testing. I have heard some bad things about the later ones though, I'm glad that I didn't have that issue. Just wish I still had it, was forced to sell it 3-4 years ago.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Bellson,
    You don't have to change the barrels in most cases you can turn the shoulder of the barrel down some. Then the barrel will time right. then change the locking piece which will fix the tight chamber caused by re-timing the barrel.
    Artty
    "IYAOYAS"
    FFL 07

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.