Gunco Forums banner

entreprize

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  NuJudge 
#1 ·
has any one purchased any fal part kits from entreprize?I have heard bad things about them and would like to know if any one else has had problems with these people before i buy a kit from them. if you have any good places to purchase a metric fal part kit please let me know i would like to build one.I know that gunthings,apex,sarconic have them but they are the only places i have found thank you.

#3 ·
ENTREPRISE is their actual name. A friend owned one of those a few years ago. Nice guns. I wouldn't hesitate to own one of their FALs.

I think they tried making an aluminum receiver a few years back which caused a stir in the FAL community for obvious reasons.

#5 ·
Williams made the "AlumaBomb" receivers, they were fine for low pressure pistol round blowback conversions, but they cracked and blew with full power .308 loads.

Dunno about the quality of the kits, they say they are Imbel so the guns started out good, the question is what kind of shape are they in now. The Entreprise receivers had a poor rep for awhile but they have gotten better, functionally. Still a few cosmetic issue in machining shortcuts.

#7 ·
I visited them a few months ago. Got to see the works, and the kits. They are just fine as far as I am concerned. They do make great receivers, and I would not hesitate to buy more. I was thinking seriously about picking up some kits, but a change in the economy killed that concept. If they have a failing, it is that they do not market well. All of their kits were purchased in the late 1990s from Brazil and others from Britain, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. The Imbels comprised the bulk of their inventory.

They are not bad to do business with. Look at their receivers as well. Good prices.

#8 ·
check into the DSA receiver, then use a FALFILE member discount...cant go wrong with DSA, if you can be patient. I think the Enterprice receiver starts as a casting then machined to finish, The DSA receiver are machined from a siloid billit, much less likely to fracture, .308 puts a pretty hard load on the receiver, why take the chance? Just my 2 cents. That being said the enterprise would be my first choice if I cant get a DSA or an Imbel

#10 ·
Dsa and Coonan both make great receivers. There was a shit storm of people who did a group buy from entreprise and got screwed, bad. There is a deal for falfiles members for a great price on front ends and just their receivers from dsa. What type of metric fal are you trying to build? I might be able to help you, I have a ton of random parts I'm sorting through and going to be posting for sale in the near future.

#11 ·
Ah the old 'cast vs milled' splitting of hairs to the Nth degree! :) All metal is cast at the foundry... DSA is good as well. I would have no problems with either. Like I said the STG my friend owned in the past was a well-built rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.