Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I wish I had an FAL

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Toten Kopf View Post
    The only problem I have with my FAL is that is extremely brutal on brass.
    Looks weird but you can always run it with the top cover removed... Just keep your fingers out of the action

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

One of my favorite rifles. mine has a sturdy topcover scopemount, and i can do head shots at 500 yds. It would do better but I cant shoot any better than that. in the hands of my friend the former Marine sniper its like magic. Really something to behold to see him clanking a 12'' gong at 700 yds.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

way back in the day we were doing our thing way back in "boonie" land , we had to meet up with some south african mercs.

some of them could sort of speak english kinda--LOL anyway they all carried FNFAL rifles.

the could have used m16s, HKs or AKs --the FNFAL was their baby--

i have had several over the years metrics, inch pattern , 58s -- i bought one of the metrics at a gun show in the 80s for $220 with the tri-lux scops set up and a box of mags -(think big box)-LOL

i won't say the FN-FAL is not without a few distractions though most can be tuned out of the system.

the biggest problem with one today ain't the weapon it is it shoots rather expensive

7.62x51 nato ammo.

so if you shoot um like we did decades ago the ammo is going to be far more costly than the rifle itself.

back then surplus ammo was everywhere and dirt cheap. today 5.56 is going for nearly $1 ROUND-- a $1,700 FNFAL is not unreasonable as it is a lot of iron for the $$ today. the problem today is the ammo. it is a wee bit late to be stocking up on .308 less you won a lotto recently.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I've just posted a kit with 922r parts in the Classifieds. Have a receiver available too.

Feedback Score

I do not consider myself a marksman, but, the one FAL I had a chance to shoot was easy to get good groups. If I had that one or one like it, I would be very happy. I might even trade away a couple of my other toys (ha, ha, just kidding!). But, I was impressed with the one I got to target shoot with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.