Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I wish I had an FAL

Feedback Score

Default I wish I had an FAL

My son has an FAL. I have shot it and it is extremely accurate. I wish I had one, but, it is probably too late for me now. I do consider this rifle to be one of the best rifles for whatever you may need a rifle for. I just waited a little too long and now it will probably be next to impossible to ever obtain one. I did tell him that I am first in line if he ever wants to sell it, but, so far he hasn't shown any signs of doing that. And, he shouldn't! There is not much better!

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

What a shame! I just sold an L1A1.

My advise:

Look around on Gunbroker for a Century FAL. I have owned them for years and they work fine.

IMBEL MFG FAL 762X51 SEMI AUTO RIFLE : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Buy it now for $1189

Second:

Look at Entreprise Arms,
    Imbel Parts Kit Refinished

$579 for a buildable kit

FN FAL Metric Receivers

$399 for a Receiver

OR:

FAL-SA58 Rifles-D S Arms

Rifles start at $1700.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

Thank you, Bellson; I may just do that!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

The only problem I have with my FAL is that is extremely brutal on brass.

I like to reload for the FAL but (at least mine) I have to look at each round as a loss. So it's load once, fire once and recycle (scrap) the cases.

Mine is very accurate at least out to 600 yards but the one time use of cases limits my shooting it. And yes, mine has a tight headspace so that's not the problem.

It's the nature of the beast (at least mine).
    "It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

WOLVERINES! One of GUNCO's First Hundred!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Toten Kopf View Post
    The only problem I have with my FAL is that is extremely brutal on brass.

I like to reload for the FAL but (at least mine) I have to look at each round as a loss. So it's load once, fire once and recycle (scrap) the cases.

Mine is very accurate at least out to 600 yards but the one time use of cases limits my shooting it. And yes, mine has a tight headspace so that's not the problem.

It's the nature of the beast (at least mine).
    Is it the rim that's getting beat up from slamming the side of the receiver on ejection? I've seen that happen with mine and have gotten it somewhat better by adjusting the gas system a bit. I shoot mostly non reloadable ammo, but I can see that being a problem with good reloadable brass.

Have you tried adjusting the gas system? May have to go single shot mode when you're just punching holes for accuracy loads.

Feedback Score

Thanks for the info, but pennies are in short supply right now. My wife just spent 19 days in the hospital with heart problems, kidney failure, cellulitis, pneumonia and the flu. She is now at home recovering but she needs lots of medicine and , although we do have Medicare, the medicine is still expensive.
    So, I appreciate everybody's interest, but, I will have to wait a bit to purchase any other firearms.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shortimer View Post
    Is it the rim that's getting beat up from slamming the side of the receiver on ejection? I've seen that happen with mine and have gotten it somewhat better by adjusting the gas system a bit. I shoot mostly non reloadable ammo, but I can see that being a problem with good reloadable brass.

Have you tried adjusting the gas system? May have to go single shot mode when you're just punching holes for accuracy loads.
    Adjust Gas system.

Find rubber edging at an auto parts store or JC Whitney to cover the top of the ejection port top cover edge. On 4 inch piece will last for 1000 rounds. No more dings in the side of the case.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

I love the FAL. I came across one in Iraq and was honestly thinking about how I wold get it back. Sadly it didnt work out. I saw one at my Fun Store but it was about 3 months worth of house payment to buy it which is no bueno so I think i will keep my eyes out and maybe save some $$$ to get my hands on one... That or a PTR 91. I love those things.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

I know a man who has an FAL. I have shot it before. It is very accurate. I'd love to have it. He knows that, if he ever wants so sell or trade it, I'm first in line. So, who knows if that will bring anything?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.