Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: good rifle-good price?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

In today's market it is a,,, "good",, price,,, relatively speaking,,,and of course they ARE a good gun.

Yea mine was 529 back in the day,but that was yesterday,,,today is today.

They will eat ya outa house and home now though with ammo prices and availability,,,,THERE TO DAMN MUCH FUN TO SHOOT!!!!!!! That's one of the reasons I sold mine a few years back, and,, they are kinda hard on cases if you reload.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

some US company should start making them in various cals.

a downsized FN-FAL in say 7.62x39 or 5.56 would be very interesting--

in todays world though it is all about the AMMO of lack there of--

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

SA58 Tactical Pistol 8.25" barrel in .308 CAL, Semi-Auto - SA58TACPISTOL-D S Arms

how about a pistol?

4th would dig the flash from an 8" 308!

Feedback Score

I purchased a Century metric FAL about 4 years ago for about $650 IIRC. Very accurate and reliable for me, never had any failures of any kind to date. My buddy bought one years back and still has it, he saved money buying the Century one instead of the DSA and got the paratrooper lower for it...looks great.

The one problem I noticed with my FAL was the recoil buffer tube I believe it's called, was slightly bent just a hair making the stock slightly angled. I noticed after my 2nd trip to the range when I began to break it down for cleaning. It hasn't affected the function of the rifle one bit. I did contact Century and they sent me a brand new tube to replace the bent one without any question. Since it functions fine I haven't changed it yet keeping it for back up.

Enterprise Arms also makes or made FAL's IIRC. But from all the research I did back when looking to buy mine most people with Century FAL's said they ran great. They are a bit on the heavy side, I wouldn't be trying to clear buildings in the apocalypse with it lol, but for mid to long range IMO great rifle I'd get one again.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The Enterprise FALs are excellent. Not as good as the DSA, but better than the Century. The "better" is in regards to fit and finish, and better quality, lower wear parts that they use to begin with. These guys (Enterprise) are in my AO, and I have gone down to visit them and buy Imbel Kits back when they were $149 with Barrel. I have built rifles on their Receivers, and I have zero complaints about their products.

They apparently bought 100,000+ kits back in the day, and took their time sorting them and getting rid of the crap up front.

In a funny irony, they sold most of their "crap" to guess who? Century! I was told at one time that Enterprise paid $72 per RIFLE shipped to Port of Long Beach, Ca. They have been building them ever since 1993 to my knowledge.

Enterprise? Yup! They are fine. And, they will hold up well with Iron Sights out to 700 Yards. Just ask JRS.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.