Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sigs and XD's in IDPA and IPSC

NRA Endowment Life member ppcgm's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Default Sigs and XD's in IDPA and IPSC

Those of us who use either a Sig or an XD in competition are in a definite minority. So not exactly a poll, more of a discussion area on what modifications work for you, what you've tried, what didn't work and your overall impressions of how your Sig(s) or XD(s) work for you in comparison to other guns you've tried.

Right now I'm back to my XD in .40 after a year with a 9mm Sig 226. All I did to the Sig was to swap out the sights for fiber optics front and rear and put on Hogue fingergroove grips.

On the XD I use Springer trigger parts and similar dual green fiber optics on the rear with a red fiber optic front and have added an Agrip wrap over the factory plastic grip.

Either gun feels better in my hand than a 1911 (single stack or fat gun), due mostly to having large but relatively slim hands. The XD seems to be faster on followup shots with similar power factor ammo as the Sig has a pronounced bounce on firing that is less evident with the XD.

All that said, I'm working on a Caspian single stack 9 for next year and hope to find the right combination of components to enjoy shooting a 1911 for one more year of competition before I hang up my guns.
    "Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, 'What should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score

i got back into shooting USPSA several years ago, before i took a brief seven years off of it i shot open with a tricked para in 38 super, then the last year i shot a tricked revolver in open, first year back shot limittied with a glock g17 the next year i purchased a xd tactical in 9mm, won my class with it in production that year, then last year (the next year) i won the over all production catagory in my club with the xd in 9mm, i have a xd tactical in 45 but 45's are to dern pricey to shoot anymore

Feedback Score

I'm using an XDM .40 for IPSC. Haven't got into the mods yet, but I am planning on better sights and lighter trigger.

Feedback Score

Glocks, esp the 34, seem to be taking over. 1911's are next. I used my actual carry rig, Kahr K9 and rosen holster and believe it or not can hold my own.

Feedback Score

There are mag wells available for the XD. I'm thinking about buying one and some nice sights for my XD40

Feedback Score

yes lots of glock's at the range, didn't change facts when i beat them all with my xd in production class btw a stock XD tactical no modifications what so ever

Feedback Score

I shoot a Beretta PX4 9mm in IDPA Service Pistol Class
    Two is One, One is None

Feedback Score

I got a XD in 40 thats ported and its very quick for follow up shots! I just recently got into this and was wondering if anyone can give a FNG some pointers as I am going all out this year and already have 2 sponsors, one is an ammo company thats just starting out in my hometown and the other is my father in laws gun shop and I want to do them proud. I have been shooting for going on 12 years now and this will be my first full season of comp shooting. Ive been hunting and shooting since i was a kid but only recently did I start taking it seriously other than when I was in the millitary. I know have an instructors cert for rifle and defensive handgun so I know the basics and advanced technique,but always practice everyday on my basics and rapid fire for timed runs.Any advice would be welcomed from you guys that have been at this for a while. Thanks again!I also got a Beretta 96 which do you guys think would be better to use?

Feedback Score

I shot IDPA for the first time last month and had a blast with my XD-9. I have .45's but wanted lower recoil (and less $$$$ ammo!!) for my first time out.

She shot nicely and, if I were an IDPA member, would now have a Marksman ranking. Maybe next time

-WP

Feedback Score

Small Problem with XD's in 45 ACP you cannot shoot any type of SWC (semi-wad-cutter). Their is a little known fact that the XD is Flawed in its design. The fired case to be ejected drops below the bottom of the slide during the extraction by the extractor causing the rear of the spent case to catch on the lip of the next round in the magazine. Causing major stove piping flipping of the next round and jams. I know this from first hand experience. I work in a gunsmiths shop and had a customer come in complaining about how the ammo we sold him wasn't any good as all it did was jam after the first shot. We found that it will even happen with some types of truncated cones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.