Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: armscor 1911 6'' competition model

Feedback Score

Default armscor 1911 6'' competition model

anyone have one ? was looking at one online looks like the ticket for the budget priced guys who want to shoot limitted class, all tricked out 6'' barrel fiber optic sites on it, seen it several places for about 699.00

any thoughts ?

image:

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/Pro...911MATCH-B.jpg

Mfg. by Armscor in the Philippines Rock Island 1911 .45ACP caliber Single action 6" match-grade polished stainless barrel Includes (1) 8rd mag Checkered wood grips Fine checkering in frame on trigger guard and handgrip Padded carry case Cast 4140 steel construction frame Tactical skeletonized trigger and hammer Tactical fully adjustable rear sight Tactical fiber optic front sight with adjustable windage Tactical-type safety lever Hammer guard (beavertail) on backstrap is longer to help keep hammer from pinching hand between the thumb and forefinger

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Never meet a 1911 I dident like.Never fired a RI but hear there OK.I now have a Norenco A1 and was wondering if I could put a longer barrel in it?
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

i know i've seen 6'' slides an barrels up for sale, and i know you can just put a longer barrel on a 1911 it just sticks out the end some if you don't have the same length slide, i remember gunparts corp used to have a 16'' barrel with a 'stock' that replaced the mainspring housing for a 1911

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I never saw a 1911 I did not LIKE

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by guget View Post
    I never saw a 1911 I did not LIKE
    Ditto!
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default 6" 1911

I like Rock Island 1911's in general. I have not owned or fired one of the 6" versions, but I am tempted. I own 9 RI 1911's. 4 1911A1s and 5 1911A2 (Hicap version). I like all of them. No real issues, had to do more work to a S&W 1911!!!!

As for the 6" barrel; I built a Frankenpistol out of a ParaOrdnance frame kit (aluminum) when that was the only product that they has to offer. I mated it to a 7" AMT Hardballer Stainless slide and barrel. I call it Pinocchio.

God awful to conceal. 14 Rounds of .45, plus another 42 in reserve....I'm set.

I can do really well. Based on my experience using a factory Para P-14 5" barrel and slide:

At 50 yards: 7" holds 2" groups, 5" is almost 3".

At 100 yards, 7" holds 3.5" groups, 5" is almost 5".
    Nice note; The 7" solidly knocks down steel silhouettes at 100 yards. The 5" knocks down just over 80%.

Chrono info: 7" 1211 fps, 230Gr RN BALL. 5" 970 fps. I have no useful way of measuring energy.

If I could find more of the AMT Slides and barrels, I would buy them and convert more of my Hicap pistols.

Go for the 6". It may only add 100fps, but I think that it will add better accuracy. I did pick up one of the 16" carbine kits. Chrono showed 1124 fps. Eventually decided to play, and ended up at 9.75". Chrono showed 1338 fps.

Take that any way you want to.

Rapid fire is greatly enhanced withmore muzzle wieght.

Hope that helps.

Buy one!!!!!

Bellson

Feedback Score

well i had thought long an hard about getting one for xmas but dern it with the obamanation in now i'll have to stick with highcap mags an evil rifles till the dollars run out

Feedback Score

I love my RIA GI version. It's my primary ccw.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Railbuggy, check out the Brownell's catalog and online for compensated bbls. They are pricey but really help reduce muzzle flip. We built a Delta Elite 10mm IPSC for a guy once, I don't recall which comp we used but that sucker was perfectly timed. You fired one aimed shot and then you pulled the trigger again as fast as you could as it came down out of recoil and that second shot was always almost touching the first hole! Fastest double tapper we ever made.

Those Norinco 1911s are top-notch. IIRC, we built 2 up into race guns and they held up pretty good. Slide and frame anyway, as usual most of the other working parts were aftermarket when we were done. Only heard good things about the RIA 1911s as well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Will do,Thanks.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.