Gunco Forums banner

Florida a step closer to guns at workplace

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
The Senate is poised to give final approval next week to a bill allowing people with permits to carry guns to work regardless of their employers? wishes.The bill, sponsored by Sen. Durell Peaden, R-Crestview, has been one of the most heavily lobbied this session, pitting business interests that opposed the bill against the pro-gun lobby and trial attorneys.

More...

#3 ·
+1 for Florida. :thumbup1: Florida seems to be leading the country in pro gun laws. Go Florida. yeah.

Dario Zuljane, who owns a restaurant and lounge down here, should check the carry laws. I am pretty darn sure one of the places a person is, not allowed to carry, is a bar.
Hell even in the old "Wild West" you had to check your guns at the door. So I can live with that.

#5 ·
I don't know on that one. I'd check the laws. I know they change all the time and vary from state to state g2. I have had permits in Connecticut and Florida and I am pretty sure they frown on a weapon in bars. Or in other words a place where liquor is the main sales item.
Military I just don't know.

#6 ·
I'm all for it.
It has been two times I have been at my work place & had to take cover because some nutcase decided that it was everybody’s fault that he got fired.
The first one was not at the place I worked, it was next door. The guy entered in the front door executed two & injured another hand full before the police dropped him as he exited the back door. I worked at a soda-pop co. and the stray bullets riddled the pallets of pop in the warehouse where I was working. The last time the guy blew up in the office & the police stopped him before he could get back to the work place with a gun.
I think two times is too much.
Just like the college class room I think if there was one person that had a CCW there.
It would (possibly) have stopped the gunner from attempting of a violent act.

#7 ·
Wow AKarl_12 my God to have that happen once would scare the hell out of me. But twice. Damn.
I sure hope you carry now. I don't give a damn what the rules are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.