Gunco Forums banner

Florida Alert: Your Personal Protection Could Mean Your Unemployment Attorney Tells W

633 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Gunco 
#1 ·
Last week, I urged you to support SB 1130, the "Preservation and Protection of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Motor Vehicles Act of 2008." I understand that the Senate has now adopted the House version of the bill, HB 503, and it will come up for a final vote next week. I wanted to share with you a real-world example of why this law is needed.In my practice as an attorney in Orlando, I received a call yesterday from a 61 year old woman, who was in tears. She had just been suspended from her job. Her employer, an insurance agency, advised her that they were made aware that she had a concealed weapon or firearm license and she kept a firearm locked in her vehicle for self-protection. This was unacceptable to her employer and she was sent home. She was told that she could only return to work if she would write and sign a pledge that she would never again have a firearm locked in her vehicle at any time she was at the office or away from the office on company business.

More...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.