Thread: Florida Alert: Your Personal Protection Could Mean Your Unemployment

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Florida Alert: Your Personal Protection Could Mean Your Unemployment

Last week, I urged you to support SB 1130, the "Preservation and Protection of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Motor Vehicles Act of 2008." I understand that the Senate has now adopted the House version of the bill, HB 503, and it will come up for a final vote next week. I wanted to share with you a real-world example of why this law is needed.In my practice as an attorney in Orlando, I received a call yesterday from a 61 year old woman, who was in tears. She had just been suspended from her job. Her employer, an insurance agency, advised her that they were made aware that she had a concealed weapon or firearm license and she kept a firearm locked in her vehicle for self-protection. This was unacceptable to her employer and she was sent home. She was told that she could only return to work if she would write and sign a pledge that she would never again have a firearm locked in her vehicle at any time she was at the office or away from the office on company business.

More...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

That's just sad. Over what, suspicion. I thought that in this country you were presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Concealed carry license is tied to your drivers license. They must check up on employees licenses for revocation or other info in order to keep their own insurance rates and liabilities
    low. I can understand why they don't want firearms on the premises, but they must also understand they she went through the proper channels for the concealed permit and keeps her firearm locked in the car. I guess that the company does not watch the news about the numerous females being raped and murdered lately. It's a bad bad world that we live in and we should not be sheep for the slaughter.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

CCW records here are sealed and not "tied" to anything. As it should be.

Ain't nobody's business but my own.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.