Thread: Hunting Ban Being Discussed in Colorado!

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Hunting Ban Being Discussed in Colorado!

The Colorado Wildlife Commission will meet to discuss a full ban on Prairie Dog Hunting in the state of Colorado on May 1-2.

More...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Freaking hippies. The prairie dogs are EVERYWHERE here. Farmers make us lunch and bring us drinks when we go hunting on their property. I sure hope this gets shot down.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

links down.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Prairie dog shoots may be cruel (I don't think so); however, a broken leg on a cow is not only cruel (by the same measure), but costly.

Prairie dogs are rodents, same family as rats. And should be treated as the vermin they are.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Fritz links back up...it was one their side
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

If it weren't on the west side of the mountains, I'd show up to vent. The good news is that the liberals of Colorado are mostly located in Denver, Boulder and Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, so it would be a long drive for them to voice their opinions too. The fact that the meetings are being held on the west side of the mountains makes me optimistic, as the conservatives are the majority over there.

firearms enthusiast kurts_armory's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

1: prairie dogs carry disease 2: they are vermin 3: cause damage to land and livestock 4: they are overpopulated in most areas. hunting them gives benefits as well 1: target practice 2: population control 3:saves ranchers money by helping to keep cattle/horses from breaking legs. a ban on hunting these rats would do much more harm than good.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The Humane Sociaty Is really starting to piss me off. ran buy a bunch of freaks that have no clue as how nature works. My mother used do there books out in California for a chapter was ran b uy a bunch of dykes that wouldnt know humane from inhumane total nut jobs. I susposed there going to ban rat traps and mouse poisien next. this really sucks if it passes. I dont hunt colorado but was considering it, as my spot in south dakota stoped hunting so they can release F!@# ferits to kill thim. to many animal planet type shows that portray these disease ridden vermin as cute and cuddly. they wreak farmland spread diseases such as blubonic plauge, monkey pox, and others. running cattle in these areas is high risk at best. one rancher in South Dakota falls all over himself to provide us a place to stay and is very greatfull. three years of shooting buy us and others hasent made a dent in the population.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Can I post a pic of the results of yesterday's Colorado prairie dogging fun (with graphic dead Colorado prairie dog content)?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

This'll never fly. People won't stand for it.
    Here in Va approx 3 years ago, Culpeper county Va, VERY VERY rural and farmer, considered prohibiting hunting with any firearm over .22 caliber and the town hall couldnt hold all of the angry citizens. People got so fumed, that Culpeper tabled the vote that night and was never spoken of again.PEOPLE WERE FURIOUS. Citing that fact that "...I've lived here all of my life and I have to change my lifestyle because some rich jerk from Norther Va/DC moved into town and doesnt like hunting..."

...good point, eh!?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.