Thread: Urgent Action Needed to Protect Our Rights in California!

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Urgent Action Needed to Protect Our Rights in California!

Three threats to our Second Amendment rights are still pending action in the California Legislature and we must take action today to preserve our freedoms.

More...

Feedback Score

Regarding AB 2948: Banning of ammo/firearms sales at the Cow Palace. I thought that place was being torn down anyway? If so, why waste the energy on that fight. There are other bills more important IMO.

Regarding AB 2062: The ammunition licensing bill (Also includes components for you reloaders out there). I believe that got sent back to committee for revisal. Got out of committee 5-2 the first time. Got to keep the pressure on to kill it this session altogether. Who knows whether the Governator will sign or not if it passes.

ETA: As amended thus far: Crazy the bill now includes magazines, clips, speedloaders, etc. in the definition of ammunition, so no more buying magazines online!

They've reinstated the non-licensed sale of handgun ammunition at target ranges, but only 30 rounds a month at any one range! Seriously?! This will really hurt the profitability of a lot of indoor ranges that rent out guns, since a lot of people come in to shoot casually once in a while and rent guns, and they don't want to fill out paperwork and apply for a license to do it. And 30 rounds is a ridiculously small amount of ammo to use at the range (although more than enough for a gangbanger).

Regarding AB 2235: I'm glad this is temporarily dead. Like the microstamping, biometric handguns are a bad idea. Companies aren't going to retool for the sake of those laws, and something tells me there will be several legal cases when (microstamping) goes into effect in 2010. A mandated biometric law will come to the same fate. That interstate commerce clause or something.

Living in a state with no 2nd and a legislature that is openly hostile gets really old. Nevertheless, us natives feel like Spartans. We fight while others have moved out of the state.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

- Adaptation of Dune "Mentat" mantra.

Feedback Score

AB 2062. Was suspended, but due to a new chairman of the committee (its his bill) the suspended bill has been pulled from death. It is back alive.

Bill will be voted on Thursday 5/22.

Bill would be a $35 charge every year for a license to purchase ammunition (with background check) and bans internet purchases of ammo. That includes components for those of you who reload.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.