Thread: Parents: Teacher silenced son on hunting

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Parents: Teacher silenced son on hunting

Saying their son was "silenced" by his teacher for talking about hunting in the classroom, the parents of a fourth-grade student at North Bennington Graded School took their son out of school and have taken their case to the local school board.

More...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Wow incredible

Having lived and worked in Vermont, for close to 20 years on and off, I can not believe what I am reading.
    Vermont is a hunting state. Ask any kid who the first President of the United States was and he may not be able to answer. Ask them what day hunting season opens and ain't one couldn't tell ya.
    Vermont had an excellent school system when I left. The cities must have money now to start hiring left wing liberal anti gun jerks. I think in my opinion that is what we are seeing there.
    Hell when I lived in Vermont, school closed for hunting season.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I think this is part of our problem 4th? In this fast paced American way of life a lot of people depend on the schools to raise there children, as both parents may have to work to get by. The left are teaching these kid there views,Like kids sniching on ther fokes for pot smoking an stuff.The public school system in Cincinnati is amess,Ohio is giving the Parents of failing schools valgers to send ther kids to privite schools.I thinks the school systems should be given back to local control and the feds should back off.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

Another + for home schooling.Any negatives ?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Just talked to my buddy. His wife is a school teacher in Volusia County, Florida. They are laying off 260 teachers there. Closing 2 schools.
    Where the hell is my Florida lottery money going. I love going by the bill boards and seeing 5 billon dollars to our schools. Haa Haa Ha.
    All that is going to happen is the classrooms will be overcrowded. Teachers will be hired at a lower quality and pay.
    I feel sorry for you guys with kids in school. He said the state of Florida powers that be met in general session and the money from the lottery is now going into the general fund.
    VT. and that post put a fear in me about our school system. I'm telling you Vermont and guns and hunting are like a religion. I bet that teacher gets his ass kicked by some big old Vermonter. Haaa Haa Whack. "My boys going hunting." Whack. Haa. Haaaaa.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Good example why school choice and vouchers are needed. My wife and I made many sacrifices to put my daughter in private school so that she wouldn't be indoctranated in the ultra liberal Boulder County school system. The sad part is that many can't afford to make that choice for many reasons nor should they have to.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default This teacher need to do a little learning

It sounds to my like this teacher need to do a little learning.
    A field trip would be needed, take her out to a small area with an over population of deer or other wild animal. Let her see the problem first hand. We had a problem like this in a nearby wild life preserve, when an over population of deer occurs the deer eat everything, they came close to wiping out all vegetation in the preserve. The only thing that stopped this was a controlled hunt. I know it sounds cruel to shoot these deer that were almost pets, yes pets they were so tame that you could get within 5ft of most of them. Some would even let you pet them if you had some food in hand. But most of them were showing signs of starvation, very thin bones showing type of stuff. I’m sure it was more humane to shoot the deer, than to let them starve to death. If there was no hunters over population would occur very fast, because there are no, or very few natural predators (like in the wild life preserve) it wouldn’t be long the wild life would be feeding on our food source. Like corn, soybeans, ect. lowering the farmers yields thus raising prices on all food stuff. So hunting is a necessary part of the checks and balances that keeps the wild life from affecting the economy. It says a lot about the schools when a 10yr old student has a better grasp of what is nessary, than the teacher over him. IMO

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

she needs to teach. and leave her personal views out of it. if the boys were doing a legal activity and discussing it during a break then it is none of here bussiness. teachers need to teach and leave there personal views at home. 35 yeaqrs ago I was belittled by a teacher for being a hunter and told in front of the class that what I was doing was wrong. I told Mom about it. well she picked me up from school the next day insted of having me ride the bus.. Mom was PTA president for close to 10 years at that school. I still remember my moms voice coming from the class room as she voiced a very strong opinion of what that teachers job description was. reading writting and math was here job not imparting social values on a 4 grader. these parrents are correct in expressing concern that a teacher is undermineing there influnce of there son. I remember that many of my elementry teachers were nut jobs that likely could not hold a normal job in society.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

A few years ago the farmers in this area had to lobby the state senators to raise the number of deer hunting permits, as the farmers were loosing as much as 40% of their corn crops to deer each year. AND SOME SENATORS WERE STILL OPPOSED TO IT!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.