Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ignoring the court

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Ignoring the court

It`s been barely three weeks since the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the Second Amendment, tossing the District of Columbia`s strict ban on handgun ownership as an unconstitutional infringement on the individual right to bear arms. As you`d expect, D.C. officials have been busy little bureaucrats since then, trying to figure out a way to get around the high court`s decision. On Monday, the D.C. council announced emergency legislation designed to update the gun ban. As expected, it`s a joke.

More...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I am a non-resident of DC but live close(uinfortunately)
    Can I sue DC??
    I'd LOVE TO!!!!!!!!!!
    hey, lets go class action on their ass. Who's in?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Citys like Cincinnati had there own assult wepons laws like no mags that hold over 10rds.The state rewrote the rules and will defend anyone these citys try to prosacute.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It's all a game for these public officials. If some "supreme ct" ruling goes against what their agenda says, they'll puch and puch untill a court ORDERS them to stop, and even then, they can still make life MISERABLE for gun owners. Enacting insane and ambiguous laws against lawful gun ownership.
    This will tie up the courts and make LEGAL ownership SO distasteful, that ILLEGAL guns will be more prevalent than EVER. this will play right into their hands. then, those same city officials can claim that" letting guns into our cities was the worst decision EVER..."
    there will be gun busts and gun raids done on citizens that have never used their handguns in the commision of crimes and the Anti's will have more ammunition.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

EDITORIAL: Ignoring the court (story continuation)

Instead of simply acknowledging that individuals have a right to own handguns in the district, the legislation would still require that all firearms be kept in the home unloaded and disassembled or equipped with trigger locks.

Some handguns would be allowed, but only those that carry fewer than 12 rounds of ammunition.

Those who wish to register a handgun in the district must pass a battery of tests and will be limited at first to only one weapon.

In other words: Purchase a handgun, but if you're lucky enough to jump through the registration and regulatory hoops, don't count in a practical sense on ever being able to use it to defend your home.

"Clearly, D.C. is doing everything they can to ignore the Supreme Court ruling," said Chris W. Cox, an NRA lobbyist.

The district is setting itself up to lose another costly legal challenge. Last time we checked, D.C. wasn't so flush with cash money that it could afford to keep its lawyers focused on finding ways around the Bill of Rights rather than attempting to comply with them.

Here is a direct copy and paste from page 58 of the Heller decision.

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

Opinion of the Court

We must also address the District’s requirement (as
    applied to respondent’s handgun) that firearms in the
    home be rendered and kept inoperable at all times. This
    makes it impossible for citizens to use them for the core
    lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional.

I guess the A-holes in D.C. can't read either.
    I know nothing...........nothing !

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

What do they care? They aren't spending their own money, it's tax-payer funds that drive their agenda. Bunch of assholes.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Heller's Permit application denied!!!!

Dick Heller had his permit application DENIED!!! He was attempting to get his permit, and reap the bounty of his victory. The D.C. NAZIS denied his permit due to the fact that he was wanting to register a semi-automatic pistol that accepts a removable magazine into the butt. I think that this was a SIG P220, but I am not certain.

Under D.C. law, this pistol is considered a MACHINE-GUN!!!!

One question for all of my very learned and intelligent fellows here at Gunco.net:

Can a Sig P220 be converted to fire full auto? I looked at mine this evening for a long time, and I can't begin to imagine how it could be done.....Every time I began to think it could be possible, I became convinced that it would only work until the pistol blew apart in my hands. There is just not enough meat within the frame to handle it, IMHO. I remember buying (when I was a teenager) a book that purported to show how a 1911 could be converted to full auto.....That was scary!

CJB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I hope that Heller files another lawsuit, maybe in another 30 YEARS the supreme court will review it.
    Should he decide to sue, this will go from court to appellate court to appellate court for the next 10 years as DC government appeals and appeals, dragging this thing out.

This is what happens when government STOPS working FOR THE PEOPLE! They CLEARLY DO NOT CARE what their constituants want

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    This is what happens when government STOPS working FOR THE PEOPLE! They CLEARLY DO NOT CARE what their constituants want
    Good answer. Which is why we "Pledge Allegiance to a Republic instead of a Democracy"

Our founding fathers were dead set against a Rome style Democracy. Who cares what the people want. God this country is a mess.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Bellson, almost any semi auto firearm can be converted to full auto. All a full auto does is automatically continue the firing sequence as long as the trigger is pulled. Disable the disconnector and add an autosear to automatically trip the hammer release as the slide closes, full auto handgun. Unless you're using something like a potmetal Raven, it shouldn't blow up. Look at the Glock 18, essentially just a Glock 17 with a sear tripper built into the slide.

However, it's not something one can slap together in 10 minutes with a couple paper clips.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.