Thread: DC Rejects Handgun Application

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak DC Rejects Handgun Application

District residents can start registering their guns today. But at least one very high profile application was already rejected. Dick Heller is the man who brought the lawsuit against the District's 32-year-old ban on handguns. He was among the first in line Thursday morning to apply for a handgun permit.

More...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Send DC your feedback.......................

Damn Yankees!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post MACHINE GUNS. WTF OVER.

I just posted wondering why more people didn't show up to register and just read this.
    "All bottom loading clip magazines are classified in D.C. with "Machine Guns."
    I know it's early and I just woke up but did I read that correctly.
    Your allowed up to an 11 round mag. in D.C. But would you need a class III to transfer and register your clip fed handgun, cause it is in a class with machine guns.
    No wonder the people are not showing up to register. There confused and scared.
    I have to read that again. I'm confused. huh.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

DC passed a law saying any firearm with a mag capacity over 11 rounds is an MG, and MGs are outright banned. DC's interpretation is that somewhere, somehow, somebody made at least one 12+ round mag for every semi automatic ever made, therefore all semi automatics ("bottom loaders", man they got that technical gun lingo figured out!) are MGs under the law since they are capable of holding 12 rounds or more.

Doesn't matter what the Fed law defines as an MG, anybody writing a law can define something within the context of that law to be anything they want it to be. For example, a silencer and a poison gas gun are not firearms under the GCA '68, (they do not expel a projectile by means of burning propellant) but they are defined as such under the NFA provisions of the law.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

OHIO has a dumb law like that.You can collect drums and mags that hold more than 31rds.But dont stick it in a weapon,unless it is a legale MG.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.