Thread: Burr: Ease gun limits for vets

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Burr: Ease gun limits for vets

Since the shooting spree at Virginia Tech last year, Congress and several states have worked to tighten rules on who can legally purchase a firearm. But a push by U.S. Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina would prevent the federal veterans agency from adding the names of veterans declared "mentally defective" to a background check database unless the agency goes through the judicial system.

More...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

First of all the V.A. "ILLEGALLY" turned those records over to the Govt.
    Those records are sealed and even other agencies and lawyers need a vets permission or a court order to obtain them.
    So who the F$%^K gave the V.A. the rite to just turn them over. WTF.
    175,000 what a joke. Millions of vets go to mental health at the V.A. including me. Sleep disorder, nightmares, nervous condition. Guess where they send you. To mental health.
    I just bought two receivers the other day. In filling out the form to purchase I always read, I think, question 7?? "Have you ever been adjudicated or committed to a mental health facility"
    I'm telling you they are going to change that to been "Treated" at a mental health facility. This will eliminate almost every veteran who served this country.
    Need sleep medication. Guess what. Go to the V.A. and you were just "Treated" at a mental health facility. They are the ones that issues those pills.
    Iraq Vets thanks for your 5 tours. Oh were done with yah now. We ain't giving you no damn gun. Your friggen CRAZZZZZy.
    Interesting the Guberment can just break the law as they see fit.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

just another government cover their sorry ass--stick it to the little guy deal.

lets just stick a few more labels on us vets shall we?

from what i understand the guy that created the V-tek disaster was not a vet. a south korean living in the US with a educational visa created the disaster. maybe the USA should see how many mental defect alien nationals are living in this country???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

In Dallas they caught a guy who was shooting people at stoplights. He was from Vietnam and had already been convicted of a felony offence. I'm sure some judge felt sorry for him and didn't deport him for the felony.

I still have problems sleeping, but won't pursue it through the VA. It's hard going from the "Coolest job in the world" to selling auto parts.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Adrenalin

Quote Originally Posted by Rikoshay View Post
    In Dallas they caught a guy who was shooting people at stoplights. He was from Vietnam and had already been convicted of a felony offence. I'm sure some judge felt sorry for him and didn't deport him for the felony.

I still have problems sleeping, but won't pursue it through the VA. It's hard going from the "Coolest job in the world" to selling auto parts.
    Fight or flight. Each time a person gets in a tense situation, through natural reaction, your body produces adrenaline. Keep getting in tense situations and your body says. Hmm this guy needs a higher level of adrenaline. Adrenaline stimulates your hearing, eyesight, etc.
    Every time you went too Bad Guy A.O. your adrenaline went up. Now your body won't let it come back down to normal levels.
    Now the easiest way to solve this problem for the previous vets like myself was choices.
    Booze, drugs, busting every bone in your body doing the outside the limits sports. Fighting. Just smash the guy in the face next to you cause yah don't like the way he is drinking his beer. Cool stuff like that.
    OR. You can go to the V.A. and join a group of your fellow Iraq Vets and talk to each other.
    Viet-Nam vets came home and put tremendous pressure on the Guberment to figure out and help us with our problems adjusting to a normal life. Now were passing on the programs, some darn good Nam Vets got going, to our Iraq brothers.
    Your a good man Rikoshay. Go to the V.A. and join a group and talk. It works. Thanks for serving. Welcome Home.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.