Thread: Alabama Boy Gets Death Threats for Hunting 1,000-Pound âMonster Pigâ

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Alabama Boy Gets Death Threats for Hunting 1,000-Pound âMonster Pigâ

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

FOXNews.com - Alabama Boy Gets Death Threats for Hunting 1,000-Pound ‘Monster Pig’ - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

When a 1,000-pound wild hog was shot last year in Alabama, 11-year-old hunter Jamison Stone couldn’t have been happier. But his prize photos of the 9-foot-long boar have continued to cause a stink, one the Stone family can’t seem to shake.

The backlash has only grown worse, with one group calling for the hunters' prosecution.

"It is unbelievable what my family has been through over the past year," Mike Stone, Jamison’s father, told The Birmingham News. "It has taken 10 years off my life."

An online petition has garnered more than 800 signatures from around the world demanding prosecution for what activists are calling animal cruelty, according to the newspaper. Rhonda Roland Shearer, a New York City organizer seeking punishment for the hunting team, says it took three hours for the “monster pig” to die after the animal was shot 12 times with a pistol.

Click here to see the full story from The Birmingham News.

"My concern is that this case has brought a negative image to Alabama and to hunters who hunt ethically," Shearer told the News. Shearer has demanded investigations from the county and federal attorney’s offices and two conservation departments, but no charges have been filed.
    But her fight is not over.

“There are people all over the world who are outraged," she said.

The Stone family is feeling their wrath.

"You should see some of the emails and hear some of the calls we have received," Jamison’s father said. "They are explicit. They tell how they are going to kill my son, like cutting his head off.

"It has had us scared to death ... All I did was to take my son on a legal hunting trip."

The prize pig, shot by Jamison Stone on an Alabama hunting preserve in May 2007, was 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet, 4 inches from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison's trophy boar would be bigger than the original “Hogzilla,” the legendary 800-pound, 8-foot-long wild hog killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Click here for more on this story from FOXNews.com.

I say the person who collected the signatures needs to go shove her head back up her ass, and stop worrying about a pig killed a year ago. But then again, i could be wrong...
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

There was a big stink about this last year. I think the anti hunting groups latched onto this family because it was found out that the hunting ranch had bough the pig from a farmer and released it to go wild and be hunted. The article was kinda vague on the hunt details except that it took 3 hours for the pig to die. Was that the basis for the animal cruelity charges? I doubt the hunters or the game ranch shot the pig and sat down to have a picknic for 3 hours while it died. Most likely the pig ran off and had to be tracked down. The decision by the DNR not to investigate and let the statute of limitations run was correct, but in my opinion the author is clearly trying to slant the story to seem like the family and the DNR has done something wrong.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

There has been a lot of BS about this story on bolth sides. it was a staged hunt IMOA with the media there conveniently when it was shot. I am not a big fan of canned hunts but peta and the opther idiot groups out there dont have all the facts either. it was a big story were the shooting of a animal was involved so the anti hunters feel the need to make a stink about it. The way I see it a animal was let loose to be hunted it was shot and it was all done according to the law. shot in the head before slaughter or shot in a pertend hunt it still was shot legaly. I cant coment on the 3 hours it took to die. I would like to see stiffer prosicution of the peta groups for there damge to personal property. ever wonder why they dont throw paint on leather clad bikers?? maybe they should run down to Sturges this weekend and try that crap.

bil
    Feedback Score

The petition organiser,Shearer,says she is concerned about the negative publicity it has created for Alabama and all the ethical hunters.If she would keep her nose out of it,there would BE no publicity.I doubt she really cares what folks think about Alabama.Maybe she should spend some time worrying what folks think about New York. ---bil

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I hope they had one hell of a pig roast with it!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You guys haven't mentioned that the pig was a family pet before it got sold to 'hunting preserve'.

It reportedly walked right up to the 'hunters', expecting it's usual head rub.

bil
    Feedback Score

I hadn't heard that part.If true,the operators of the hunting site deserve to get some crap.Even so,death threats against a 12 year old kid are a bit much. ---bil

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bil View Post
    I hadn't heard that part.If true,the operators of the hunting site deserve to get some crap.Even so,death threats against a 12 year old kid are a bit much. ---bil
    I agree! Shame on the people who set up the hunt if that is true but the 12 yr old can't be blamed for that. In my mind there is a world of difference between a "pet" pig and a hog that grew up wild, the wild one wil tear you to pieces if given a chance.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I can believe that there is more to this story than meets the eye. Especially a year after it made headlines. Usually, PETA or the liberal ass clowns would have been all over this when it was fresh in peoples minds-to spread the idea of foul play.
    But year later-something doesnt seem right with me on this one.
    I would like to see the results of the investigation on the hunt organizers and see what they have to say.
    At most, the boys father would be implicit if there were any wrongdoing.

I am against animal cruelty in any form, but support hunts and hunters that kill quickly and humanely. This kid COULD have handled a high power if he needed to, look at him, he's pretty big. I'm no rocket scientist but a 30-.06 rifle wouldve made short work of a thick skinned beast like this one faster than a .50 revolver? Especially knowing that this kid had been bagging deer since 5yrs old. That seems inhumane to me, almost like hunting whitetail with a 9mm pistol.
    Yeah, the activists are angling this one pretty hard, but where there's smoke....

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.