Thread: Longview elk population grows, hunting considered

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Longview elk population grows, hunting considered

New and smelly hazards are appearing at the Longview Country Club, a byproduct of the growing elk population in this southwest Washington town. Besides their calling cards, elk frequently tear up the greens, course superintendent Ben Davis says. "We were devastated last year," Davis said. "It was probably our worst year" for elk damage.

More...

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I can just see it now. Golfer to daddy, "get me the 9 iron, no no better make it the 300 mag!!" If the state and local laws do not allow for a hunting solution, then the DNR should take care of the problem. There is a reoccuring deer problem here in northern Illinois in the forest preserves. They tried all sorts of things to get the numbers under control. In the end the DNR used marksmen with 22lr rifles to thin the herd.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

In the end, this is a HUNTING issue(or lack thereof). or like MOLEMAN said, hire men to use .22 ot .17 rifles and put them down. Donate the meat to the homeless shelters.
    Double/triple the number of tags allowed by a single hunter and expand the hunting season.
    Case closed.

Lets try this and see how long this REAMAINS a problem. My money says NOT LONG.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Overpopulation can remain a long-term problem. New Jersey is overrun with deer, but "introspective" citizens hate hunting. So, the division of wildlife has tried pro shoots, contraceptive salt licks and a variety of other pathetic attempts to control the population.

Nothing has worked, simply because most Jersoids can't stand the thought of bambi dieing.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The DNR tried all practical methods. Birth control-too expensive, trapping-time consuming and too slow a large number of the deer died of shock. The bambi lovers put out hundreds of loaves of bread (morons) all around the cage traps to stop the deer from being relocated. The DNR was left with the one alternative that is proven to work. They shot a bunch and donated the meat to the food pantry. They still do that from time to time but don't announce it.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.