Gunco Forums banner

Gun buyback shut down after 30 minutes

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  kernelkrink 
#1 ·
Blue Island police shut down a "Turn in Your Gun Day" Saturday organized by a mayoral hopeful. Tommy Brown, 38, offered $100 for every gun turned in from 9 a.m. to noon at the Redemption Theater, 12952 S. Western Ave. However, Blue Island Police Chief Douglas Hoglund shut down the event just 30 minutes after it began. Hoglund said the building didn`t have a business license and no one authorized by a law enforcement agency was there to take possession of the traded-in guns.

More...

#2 ·
HMMM. Thinking Thinking. HMMM.

4Th is doing a kit buy back program. Get those dangerous kits out of your neighborhood.
I will pay anyone who has an AK kit 50 buckaroos to get rid of it for you.
No questions asked. Just send your kits to me and the money will be on the way.
P.M. for details.

#3 ·
dont deal with the man above for the kit buy back program! i belive him to be some sort of scammer. wrather deal with an "honest" man ill give you $53.68 a kit no questions asked

#5 ·
"Any transfer of firearms that doesn't go to a state agency is a Class 1 felony," Hoglund said.

Brown was warned beforehand by the city not to conduct the firearm trade-in event, but he went ahead anyway."

"Brown said the nine guns collected would have been taken to Springfield to be tested in a lab. However, Hoglund took the guns and said they eventually will be destroyed"

Seems like somebody needs to be charged with 9 Class 1 Felonies. The guy knew what he was doing was illegal (the city warned him beforehand!) and he did it anyway.

#6 ·
ah kernel tis not a gun as it has no reciever
ikm 100% in the bottel in tha bottel illll chek in the morn gnight

#8 ·
The quotes are from the article referenced in the first post, the guy doing the "gun buyback" was essentially purchasing complete firearms illegally, had been warned beforehand it was illegal, and did it anyway. Bought 9 guns, which the cops confiscated. That's 9 class 1 felonies the cops ignored, and they had a slam dunk case since the guy admits to it all!

#7 ·
HMMM LOL what kind of test were the guns given?? they are obviously smarter than the previous owners and the buyer. if two guns were traveling by train and one left at 3:30 and was going 10 miles and hour a LOL

my state allows face to face transfers. got to admitt the wheels are turning here.

Id buy any gun face to face for $50 and give them a safe place. need a catchey bussiness name like the wisconsin child saftey association or the anti gang save the hoods development group. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.