Thread: Brady Campaign Hoping For Expanded "Assault Weapons" Ban Under An Obama Administratio

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Brady Campaign Hoping For Expanded "Assault Weapons" Ban Under An Obama Administratio

With the prospect of Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) being elected President of the United States, the Brady Campaign is trying to rejuvenate public interest in one of the group's priority issues: a ban on all detachable-magazine semi-automatic firearms, a vast expansion of the federal "assault weapon" law of 1994--2004. As Brady notes in a new propaganda paper, "Assault Weapons: Mass Produced Mayhem," "Senator Barack Obama supports banning assault weapons."

More...

Feedback Score

Heres some info I got FWD to me to day - Its a little dated but feel free to pass it it on to those in the business, or anyone who owns firearms.

The Left Wing's Gun Plans
    Easy to forget after six years of Republican rule
    "Why would an honest person even want a gun?"

THE LEFT WINGʼS PLAN FOR GUNS (Elections)

by Alan Korwin, Author
    Gun Laws of America
    October 16, 2006

Itʼs time to remember what the Democrat party generally seeks regarding guns and gun rights. The list below was widely circulated while Clinton was in power.

The democrat-backed Brady group and similar outfits have been quiet about guns because they want to win the election, and get to impose their goals on your rights --

THE FIVE YEAR PLAN:

1. National Licensing of all handgun purchases.

2. Licenses for Rifle and Shotgun owners.

3. State Licenses for ownership of firearms.

4. Arsenal Licenses (5 guns and 250 rounds of ammunition).

5. Arsenal License Fees (at least $300.00, with a cap of $1,000.00).

6. Limits on Arsenal Licensing (None in counties with populations of more than 200,000).

7. Requirement of Federally Approved Storage Safes for all guns.

8. Inspection License. (Gun safe licenses, yearly fee for spot inspections).

9. Ban on Manufacturing in counties with a population of more than 200,000.

10. Banning all military style firearms.

11. Banning Machine Gun Parts or parts which can be used in a Machine gun.

12. Banning the carrying a firearm anywhere but home or target range or in transit from one to the other.

13.. Banning replacement parts (manufacturing, sale, possession, transfer, installation) except barrel, trigger group.

14. Elimination of the Curio Relic list.

15. Control of Ammunition belonging to Certain Surplus Firearms. (7.62x54R and .303).

16. Eventual Ban of Handgun Possession..

17. Banning of Any ammo that fits military guns (post 1945).

18. Banning of any quantity of smokeless powder or black powder which would constitute more than the equivalent of 100 rounds of ammunition.

19. Ban the possession of explosive powders of more than 1 kg. at any one time.

20. Banning of High Powered Ammo or Wounding ammo.

21. A National License for Ammunition.

22. Banning or strict licensing of all re-loading components.

23. National Registration of ammunition or ammo buyers.

24. Requirements of special storage safe for ammunition and licensing.

25. Restricting Gun Ranges to counties with populations less than 200,000.

26. Special Licensing of ranges.

27. Special Range Tax to visitors. ($85.00 per visit per person).

28. Waiting period for rentals on pistol ranges.

29. Banning Gun Shows.

30. Banning of military reenactments.

PLUS:

Ban of all clips holding over 6 bullets.

Elimination of the Dept. of Civilian Marksmanship.

Ban on all realistic replica and toy guns (including "air soft" and paintball).

The right of gun-violence victims to sue, with financial assistance from government programs, the gun manufacturers.

Taxes on ammo, dealers, guns, licenses to offset medical costs to society.

The eventual ban on all semi-automatics regardless of when made or caliber.

While itʼs true Republicans havenʼt done very much to defend your gun rights (OK, they have done a little) in six years of control, they offer little support for the anti-rights disarm-the-public plans the left wing will impose on you if they gain power in the next election. Itʼs your choice. Do you stay home and evaporate your rights, or go out and defend them at the ballot box? Tell your friends.

If you took the bait and voted early, instead of rising up as a whole and voting on election day like youʼre supposed to, this message is too late and you got screwed.

Thanks for reading.
    Alan Korwin, Author
    Gun Laws of America

Permission to circulate this message gladly granted.

Functional Alcoholic Gun toting liberal's Avatar
    Feedback Score

This is really scary stuff! Are we sure they got the bullet out of Brady's brain?

This has been my point for a long time: we (gun owners) need to change the way we communicate with our government. We can't just support one party and condemn the other, blaming them for every anti gun legislation on the books. Look up the votes on the Brady bill and the Assault Weapons Ban. Lots of Republicans supported both measures. We really need to communicate with both party's. The Republicans aren't doing anything to help us and why would the Dems give us the time of day? We've assaulted their judgment and intelligence at every turn. They are politicians people! I would like to think that they had our best interest in mind but the truth is (as we all know) they go where the money is! The anti gun lobby gives them thousands while we give thousands to the other side. Don't you think if groups like the NRA gave the crats more money than the anti gun lobby that they would give up this gun control nonsense? There is absolutely no evidence to support that gun control brings down violent crime. I have to think that they are not dumb enough to actually believe this crap works...............but then again, they are politicians.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I belive railbuggy regestered as a DEM about 35yrs ago.But always votes bipartasin.Maybe I should change since I concider myself a right winger, but never took the time. What say ye?
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

This is not meant to be a direct attack, Gun-totin Liberal, but if my tact and diplomacy are rusty, I beg your indulgence.

Many decent conservative Democrats have run and won office to DC. The biggest problem as I see it with the Democrat party is that the leadership rule the parties in both the House and Senate with an iron fist. If the leadership is for an issue, it doesn't really matter how an individual senator or representative ran - they will be called to the office and have the facts of life explained to them. You want to serve on good committees or chair one? You want party help to get re-elected? Then you vote our way. If the leadership doesn't like something, then those who ran 'for it' get their minds changed. If the leadership is for something (like an AWB), then those who ran on gun rights will get their minds changed. Occasionally, the rank and file are given permission to vote against the leadership - to show the voters that they are still with them on critical issues. Witness the drilling restrictions - the public by a 70% margin (not total, margin!) wanted to resume drilling so we could assure a better supply at reduced costs. Some Democrats were given permission to speak in favor of new drilling, and Pelosi kept that off the floor for weeks. Notice that all of those who were suddenly in favor of drilling were from potentially vulnerable districts. The 'safe' very liberal districts didn't have ANYONE speaking in favor of renewing drilling.

Compare that to the Republicans. DeLay knew how to be a good whip. The rest of them, while being accused of organizing a "vast right-wing conspiracy" are actually incapable of organizing a successful back-yard barbecue.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

[quote=Gun toting liberal;478211]This is really scary stuff! Are we sure they got the bullet out of Brady's brain?

maby if it would have passed through with explosive force we wouldnt have as many problems

maby all of us that support the 2nd and peoples rights need to start our own political party, the at least we know we'd get a couple million votes from all the fellow gun enthusiests, an freedom loving people
    ~ Czolgosz, Leon (1873-1902)
    "I killed the President because he was the enemy of the good people, the good working people. I am not sorry for my crime."

Feedback Score

You all have made great points. The Dems are in a real mess right now with the extreme liberals running the party, just as the Republican party has been over influenced by the religious right. One party want's to take away my guns while the other wants to make religion into law. McCain used to be one of my favorite Republicans until this election where, he too has given in to the far right side of his party. It's really a sad time for me watching the extremest on both sides divide the whole of America.

I think that g2busmc has made the best suggestion. Maybe the rational Americans need to start their own party. Our slogan could be " Vote for us or we'll shoot you in the face!" I'm sure Cheny would come right on over. Of course he would filter all of our campaign money to Halliburton.

Thanks gunco members for all of the intelligent debate. This sight represents what America is all about!

Feedback Score

Just remember Nancy Pelosi is a gun toting liberal.

Feedback Score

And James Brady is a Republican.
    Although I have been labeled a liberal because of my views on alternative energy, I refuse to make excuses for Pelosi. She's exactly what is wrong with the Democratic party.
    And to Nkluksda, I never consider a well made counterpoint an attack.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.