Thread: Help Protect Oregon's Right-to-Carry Privacy Rights!

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Help Protect Oregon's Right-to-Carry Privacy Rights!

Newspapers across the state have been requesting that local sheriffs release information about the identity of individuals who have been issued Concealed Handgun Licenses within their respecive counties.

More...

jrs
    Feedback Score

I'm thinking we need to use this to take the media to task.

What this really does is provide to the criminals exact known locations of gun owners. Howzat????? Can we say irresponsible.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

The Sioux Falls Argus Leader did exactly the same thing a few years back. Under public information laws, they requested and received a list of CCW holders and the available info. And published that info in a publicly accessible and advertised database.

My name and town were in that list, which the Argus Leader published on the internet.

Not just mine, there were a large number of permit holders. A hue and cry went out to the State legislators, and that public knowledge loophole was closed. But the Argus Leader continued to maintain the list they obtained before the law was changed.

They never addressed what nominal "public service" was served by either publishing the list in the first place, nor why the list was kept in public view after the law was changed.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How about printing personal info - like high school, college, grades, address, phone, e-mail address, etc. - on these liberal reporters who attack the legitimate CHL holders?

See how they like it if the tables are turned...
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

jrs
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up What a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nkluksda View Post
    How about printing personal info - like high school, college, grades, address, phone, e-mail address, etc. - on these liberal reporters who attack the legitimate CHL holders?

See how they like it if the tables are turned...
    After all, it is in the public's interest to know who is reporting (spinning) information to them.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.