Thread: India: Now, common citizens look for small arms

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak India: Now, common citizens look for small arms

The gruesome images of gunmen roaming the streets of Mumbai with submachine guns and spraying bullets on innocent people have evoked the most basic instinct in the people of our cities - that of primal fearÔŽurban dwellers in India, too, are either cleaning their guns and keeping them ready for use or trying to buy licensed revolvers after the terror trauma in Mumbai.

More...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunco View Post
    The gruesome images of gunmen roaming the streets of Mumbai with submachine guns and spraying bullets on innocent people have evoked the most basic instinct in the people of our cities - that of primal fearÔŽurban dwellers in India, too, are either cleaning their guns and keeping them ready for use or trying to buy licensed revolvers after the terror trauma in Mumbai.

More...
    What the hell do they need guns for? They should have just called the police when the shooting started?
    Sorry vz58 I had to toss that in there bud.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Good guys--- NO,NO,NO. Guns bad for you. We, the Police will take care of you.
    Bad guys --- OK,OK,OK.
    SAME OLD STUFF.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

They wouldn't advise them to take any drastic mesures huh? So buying a gun is a drastic measure. I bet the people who were killed or injured in thier terrorist attack wouldn't consider it a "drastic measure".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Mumbai photographer: I wish I'd had a gun, not a camera. Armed police would not fire back

But what angered Mr D'Souza almost as much were the masses of armed police hiding in the area who simply refused to shoot back. "There were armed policemen hiding all around the station but none of them did anything," he said. "At one point, I ran up to them and told them to use their weapons. I said, 'Shoot them, they're sitting ducks!' but they just didn't shoot back."

As the gunmen fired at policemen taking cover across the street, Mr D'Souza realised a train was pulling into the station unaware of the horror within. "I couldn't believe it. We rushed to the platform and told everyone to head towards the back of the station. Those who were older and couldn't run, we told them to stay put."

The militants returned inside the station and headed towards a rear exit towards Chowpatty Beach. Mr D'Souza added: "I told some policemen the gunmen had moved towards the rear of the station but they refused to follow them. What is the point if having policemen with guns if they refuse to use them? I only wish I had a gun rather than a camera."

Northern Ireland, UK and World News plus Sport, Business & Entertainment | Belfast Telegraph.co.uk . . .
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.