Thread: Illinois sheriffs back concealed carry of guns

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Illinois sheriffs back concealed carry of guns

Support for allowing concealed carry of firearms in Illinois -- one of just two states that still outlaw it -- is coming from what seems like an unlikely direction: the Illinois Sheriffs' Association.

More...

Feedback Score

Very strange indeed, I think there are alterior motives, check out their wording, "I believe to be successful the key to concealed carry is training," said St. Clair County Sheriff Mearl Justus, voicing his support Wednesday. "If we allow concealed carry, we must make sure only the right people have the guns. This is best done by requiring training, proper identification, and a thorough background check — including a mental evaluation."
    I think it is a backdoor into restricting or banning concealed carry, if you are taking antidepressants or any number of other medications they will use it to judge you unfit.
    This makes no sense for the Illinois sheriffs association to back concealed carry now, they have opposed it forever.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I still think it would be better than not having any concealed carry for the average citizen which is what we have now.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.