Thread: Obama begins expected assault on gun rights

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak Obama begins expected assault on gun rights

As reported by ABC News last month, Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the Barack Obama administration is contemplating reinstating the 1994 Clinton gun ban, which expired in 2004.

More...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post WE KNEW THAT WAS A GIVEN.

But of interest there was the commentary two guys are having in the comment section on the bottom of that article.
    "DU" Depleted Uranium. One of the men is mentioning the .50 rounds were produced for "I would guess" the military. This being in the place where it was sitting stored next to the ammo plant.
    Someone must have come up with the bright idea of sticking that stuff in the rounds, to "you know" give er a little giddy up and go.
    Recently Carlos Hathcoks "White Feather" U.S.M.C.s distance record was broken by a Canadian Sniper team, using a .50.
    In studying the film, it shows the round hitting a rock in front of the taliban and him flying through the air about 30ft off a mountain side to visit his virgins.
    For those that have shot the .50, or been shot at by it. We "old worn out Vets club" could not figure that much power, over that much distance, to blow that guy that far in the damn air.
    Bingo. "DU" So I call cheating, cork bat, too much horse power.
    So Hathcocks record, in my book, still stands.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

4thIDvet, I don't know if they were using DU while you were in but we used it in the Navy in the 20mm for a while (not using it when I got out). DU doesn't give anything an extra bit of umph or power or anything else. One of the guys arguing is completely ignorant on the subject. The key word in Depleted Uranium is DEPLETED. It's used because of it's density, nothing else. It's HEAVY and therefore penetrates deeper than traditional lead/steel core bullets. There is NO fission going on, period.
    "You can't cover up crazy with a new pair of jeans"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

thats funny 4th, "cork bat"! i call it "rubber knife" syndrome. i call em out on every tv show and movie i watch.ha ha. some refer to it as plain old bul%sh*t!!! cooker is 100% on- its about density and penitration

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking O.K.. Guys.

Nope. That is my story and I'm sticking with it.
    Poor guy was just trying to eat his goat cheese and reload his AK and Wham.
    I well cede the D.U. but they had some kind of exploding round. Cheaters.
    Sorry Gunco Bob to get off track on you original post.
    The Dems election is coming up soon. There telling Obama to kiss off.
    Senators and Congress men like steak and eggs in the morning. They aint gonna mess with us gun folk or they aint gettng re-elected.
    Sorry Onitwito. Your own boys are turning on you. Welcome to D.C.
    Don't quite work like your old Cook county boys does it.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking Huh.

Well we were a little drunk. Maybe they didn't cheat.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.