Thread: California: Bill calls for tracking of magazines

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Postak California: Bill calls for tracking of magazines

Assault weapons have been banned in California since 1999, and owners who possessed them before the ban are required to register their weapons. But large capacity magazines are not required to be registered -- because it was previously impossible to stamp serial numbers on them. Technology is now available to imprint serials on the magazines and enable law enforcement to track them through a registration system, State Senator Loni Hancock said.

Bill calls for tracking of large-capacity weapon magazines - San Jose Mercury News
    Last edited by Gunco; 03-26-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Oh God.

What next.
    Just like the serial I.D. on the firing pin. What does it take like 10 minutes to change a firing pin.
    Can't these friggen idiots come up with a better plan to annoy the "legal" gun owners.
    I am sure MS-13 will bring all there magazines rite in to be registered.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

jrs
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Can't find this story or info

Quote Originally Posted by Gunco View Post
    Assault weapons have been banned in California since 1999, and owners who possessed them before the ban are required to register their weapons. But large capacity magazines are not required to be registered -- because it was previously impossible to stamp serial numbers on them. Technology is now available to imprint serials on the magazines and enable law enforcement to track them through a registration system, State Senator Loni Hancock said.

More...
    The NRAILA link is broken. I went to the paper in question (San Jose Mercury News) and after searching on legislation, crime, "Loni Hancock", did NOT find any reference to the story in question.

No judgement, just can't find the info so I can call and write my reps.
    =========

Loni Hancock, California State Senator
    District 09

Local office:
    1515 Clay Street
    Suite 2202
    Oakland, CA 94612
    (510) 286-1333

Sacramento office:
    State Capitol
    Room 3092
    Sacramento, CA 94248-0001
    (916) 651-4009
    Last edited by jrs; 03-26-2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Added info for senator
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    What does it take like 10 minutes to change a firing pin. .
    More like a minute on most guns, besides, all you'd have to do is take it out, rub it on the sidewalk a bit and put it back in... Politicians don't seem to be too rational...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Original article

link:Bill calls for tracking of large-capacity weapon magazines - San Jose Mercury News

Please Plagiarize and Send to the Honorable Ms. Hancock.

Dear Senator Hancock,

I see that you have recently proposed legislation to serialize large capacity magazines in response to the tragic shootings that happened recently in Oakland. I fail to see how this legislation would prove useful.

1. Mr. Mixon was a parolee, he was legally not allowed to possess ANY modern firearm.

2. Further he killed two of the officers without using a high capacity magazine or an assault rifle.

3. He should have been behind bars, he was a violent ex-felon who was paroled, violated parole and allowed to roam freely. This is what enabled him to kill four fine officers.

Ms Hancock, there is no mystery as to who pulled the trigger. What is the point in serializing magazines?

I know the answer. The answer is that you wish to restrict the civil rights of your citizenry, those who legally use firearms everyday to protect themselves and loved ones. This shooting has nothing to do with large capacity magazines, and you should be ashamed of yourself for attempting to capitalize on this tragedy. Gun control has not worked, it continues to be an incredible failure. Allow good citizens to remain armed and keep the criminals in prison where they belong! The constitution of the United States guarantees this right, and you should defend the freedoms that our founding fathers and the generations of Americans have fought so hard to maintain.

Do the right thing and pull this flawed legislation from consideration.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

I fixed the link in the first post.

I have no comment yet because I need some time to calm down over the absolute idiot asshats who run my state and who we call politians.
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

jrs
    Feedback Score

Default Names & number of other 2 criminals in the article

Assemblyman Sandre R. Swanson
    District 16

Local Office:
    1515 Clay Street
    Suite 2204
    Oakland, CA 94612
    (510) 286-1670

Sacramento Office:
    State Capitol
    Room 6012
    Sacramento, CA 94249-0016
    (916) 319-2016

AND

US Senator Diane Feinstein
    331 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington DC 20510

202-224-3841
    202-228-3954 Fax
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.